Elsevier's Medical Assisting Exam Review, 6th Edition
There’s no better way to get ready for Medical Assisting certification exams! With content review plus 3,000 test items and a customized online exam engine to generate practice sessions and mock exams, Elsevier’s Medical Assisting Exam Review, 6th Edition provides complete preparation for seven certification exams — the CMA, RMA, CMAS, CCMA, CMAA, CMAC, and NCMA. An illustrated, outline format makes it easy to review key medical assisting concepts and competencies, including anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, diseases and disorders, and administrative and clinical tasks. Answers and rationales for each question help you strengthen any weak areas and prepare effectively for test-day success!
- UNIQUE! Online custom test generator allows students to focus on any topic and to create unique timed simulated exams at each visit.
- UNIQUE! Seven certification exams are covered: the CMA (AAMA), RMA (AMT), CMAS (AMT), CCMA (NHA), CMAA (NHT), CMAC (AMCA), and NCMA (NCCT).
- Convenient, easy-to-follow outline format provides at-a-glance review of the subject areas covered in Medical Assisting certification exams.
- Complete test preparation includes three pretests — administrative, clinical, and general — as well as a comprehensive posttest, with answers and rationales for all questions.
- Study tips and test-taking strategies provide students with advice and insight into preparing effectively for certification exams.
- Hundreds of additional practice questions are included on the Evolve website, along with flash cards and A&P animations, to boost students’ exam readiness and test-taking confidence.
- NEW! 3,000 questions — including 500 all-new items — include answers, rationales, and mapping to seven exam blueprints (CMA, RMA, CMAS, CCMA, CMAA, CMAC, and NCMA).
- NEW content is aligned with the latest exam blueprints, including the new CMA exam format effective in 2021.
- NEW! Full-color illustrations reinforce student understanding of medical assisting content and include photos of clinical equipment and supplies.
Pretest 1 (General)
Pretest 2 (Administrative)
Pretest 3 (Clinical)
1. Medical Terminology
2. Anatomy and Physiology
3. Diseases and Disorders
4. Growth and Development
6. Law, Ethics, and HIPAA
7. Professionalism and Career Development
8. Computer Concepts, Written Communications, and Mail Processing
9. Records Management
10. Patient Reception
11. Office Management
14. Health Insurance
15. Infection Control and Asepsis
16. Vital Signs and Anthropometric Measurement
17. Assisting with the Physical Examination
18. Assisting with Medical Specialties
20. Therapeutic Modalities and Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
21. Radiography and Diagnostic Imaging
22. Pharmacology, Medication Administration, and Intravenous Therapy
23. Minor Surgery
24. Clinical Laboratory
25. First Aid and Office Emergencies
Deborah E. Barbier Holmes, RN, BSN, RMA, CMA(AAMA), Medical Assistant Program Director, Vatterott College - Sunset Hills, St. Louis, MO