Pharmacology Digital Clinical Experiences, 1st Edition
Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences™ for Pharmacology allow you to see pharmacology in context, providing a safe, convenient, and dynamic environment to practice your documentation, communication, and clinical reasoning skills. Each scenario has a patient case that mirrors the complexity of a real patient, with a wide variety of medications that you are likely to encounter in professional practice. An innovative conversation engine gives you the opportunity to interact with a breathing, speaking patient who is relying on you to provide safe, responsible care. This enables you to become more efficient in your patient interactions while maintaining high-quality therapeutic communication and care planning. Assignments are designated by levels, based on the complexity of the patient case and activities, from basic to complex. These meaningful interactions help you gain valuable experience in practical application, patient communication, and personal empathy, empowering you to improve patient outcomes and prepare to enter clinical practice.
- Digital Standardized Patients™ vary in age, race, socioeconomic status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and have health histories and diseases/disorders that support your mastery of nursing principles in a wide spectrum of medical situations.
- Natural language conversation engine allows you to engage in open-ended conversations with simulated patients to gather subjective data and practice patient-centered communication.
- Student Performance Index provides you and instructors with immediate, detailed feedback on six key components of clinical reasoning — subjective data collection, objective data collection, therapeutic communication, documentation, information processing, and self-reflection — to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Interview and Assessment activities allow you to demonstrate your clinical reasoning abilities by performing a health assessment on virtual patients to collect objective data and report your findings in the electronic health record.
- Care Plan exercises enable you to use assessment data to work through the steps of the ADPIE process and select appropriate care actions from a standard set of components.
- Medication Administration exercises help you develop critical thinking skills to improve patient safety using a safe medication framework to administer drugs via several routes, including oral, injection, and intravenous.
- Medication Math activities promote patient safety by improving your competency in medication calculation using calculation questions that relate to medications ordered in the patient scenarios.