Community Health Digital Clinical Experiences, 1st Edition
Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences™ for Community Health provide you with a safe, convenient, and dynamic environment to practice your documentation, communication, and clinical reasoning skills. An innovative conversation engine enables you to become more efficient in your patient interactions while maintaining high-quality therapeutic communication and care planning. These meaningful interactions help you gain valuable experience in community health, home assessment, contact tracing, patient communication, and personal empathy, empowering you to improve patient outcomes and prepare to enter clinical practice.
- Digital Standardized Patients™ vary in age, race, socioeconomic status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and have health histories and diseases/disorders that support your mastery of nursing principles in a wide spectrum of medical situations.
- Natural language conversation engine allows you to engage in open-ended conversations with simulated patients to gather subjective data and practice patient-centered communication.
- Student Performance Index provides you and instructors with immediate, detailed feedback on six key components of clinical reasoning — subjective data collection, objective data collection, therapeutic communication, documentation, information processing, and self-reflection — to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Interview and Assessment activities allow you to demonstrate your clinical reasoning abilities by performing a health assessment on virtual patients to collect objective data and report your findings in the electronic health record.
- Care Plan exercises enable you to use assessment data to work through the steps of the ADPIE process and select appropriate care actions from a standard set of components for both individuals and populations.
- Environmental Safety exercises require you to assess the safety of the physical environment in a variety of healthcare settings to identify items that may pose a risk to patient safety or health.
- Interprofessional Communication opportunities throughout the simulations, such as the SBAR, enable you to practice communicating with other members of the healthcare team.