Maternal Health Digital Clinical Experiences, 1st Edition
Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences™ for Maternal Health provide students with a safe, convenient, and dynamic environment to practice their documentation, communication, and clinical reasoning skills. An innovative conversation engine enables students to become more efficient in their patient interactions while maintaining high-quality therapeutic communication and care planning. These meaningful interactions with maternity patients in the prenatal, intrapartum, and immediate postpartum periods help students gain valuable experience in the practical application of skills specific to caring for childbearing women, patient communication, and personal empathy, empowering them to improve patient outcomes and prepare to enter clinical practice.
- Digital Standardized Patients™ vary in age, race, socioeconomic status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and have health histories and diseases/disorders that support your mastery of nursing principles in a wide spectrum of medical situations.
- Natural language conversation engine allows you to engage in open-ended conversations with simulated patients to gather subjective data and practice patient-centered communication.
- Student Performance Index provides you and instructors with immediate, detailed feedback on six key components of clinical reasoning — subjective data collection, objective data collection, therapeutic communication, documentation, information processing, and self-reflection — to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Interview and Assessment activities allow you to demonstrate your clinical reasoning abilities by performing a health assessment on virtual patients to collect objective data and report your findings in the electronic health record.
- Care Plan exercises enable you to use assessment data to work through the steps of the ADPIE process and select appropriate care actions from a standard set of components.
- SBAR activities in many assignments give you the opportunity to practice interprofessional communication with the Preceptor, a physician, or other health care professionals appropriate to the simulation.
- Interprofessional Communication opportunities throughout the simulations, such as the SBAR, enable you to practice communicating with other members of the healthcare team.
This product is available in the following formats: