Darby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
The most comprehensive dental hygiene review book available, Darby’s Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene, 9th Edition offers an all-inclusive review to help you pass the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) on the first try. Written by a team of expert editors and authors, this affordable, all-in-one review tool includes a wealth of chapter review questions, case studies, outline-style review of all exam topics, and four computerized practice exams that simulate the NBDHE test-taking experience. It’s everything you need for NBDHE success!
- Comprehensive coverage offers an all-inclusive review for the NBDHE and is supplemented with practice questions.
- Outline format visually organizes the content and presents information in summary style for easy review and study.
- Logical chapter organization covers the three main areas of the NBDHE — the scientific basis for dental hygiene practice, the provision of clinical dental hygiene services, and community health and research principles.
- Case presentations throughout help you prepare for Component B of the board examination.
- Expert editor and chapter authors are leading educators, researchers, and practitioners in their specific areas who have an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to succeed on the NBDHE.
- NEW! Review chapter content includes new information on alternative practice settings, infection control guidelines, pediatric care, risk assessment, dental hygiene diagnosis, the electronic health record (EHR), and more.
- REVISED! Four simulated NBDHE exams on the companion Evolve website feature completely updated information and provide authentic test-taking experience with study and exam modes, question rationales, mapping to NBDHE categories, and timer functionality.
- UPDATED! Chapter review questions have been revised to reflect the latest developments in dental hygiene practice and include answers and rationales.
- NEW! Updated art program features modern illustrations and updated clinical photos to accompany content review and case studies.
1. Preparing for National, Regional, and State Dental Hygiene Board Examinations
2. Histology and Embryology
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. Head and Neck Anatomy and Physiology
5. Clinical Oral Structures, Dental Anatomy, and Root Morphology
6. Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
7. General Pathology
8. Oral Pathology
9. Microbiology and Immunology
10. Prevention of Disease Transmission in Oral Health Care
12. Biochemistry, Nutrition, and Nutritional Counseling
15. Dental Hygiene Process of Care
16. Strategies for Oral Health Promotion and Disease Prevention and Control
17. Instrumentation for Client Assessment and Care
18. Management of Pain and Anxiety
19. Dental Hygiene Care for Clients with Special Care Needs
20. Community Oral Health Planning
21. Medical Emergencies
22. Ethical and Legal Issues
Appendix A. Medical Terminology
Appendix B. Professional Organizations of Interest to Dental Hygienists
Appendix C. American Dental Hygienists’ Association and Canadian Dental Hygienists Association Codes of Ethics
Christine M Blue, BSDH, MS