Manual of Critical Care Nursing, 8th Edition
Compact, yet comprehensive, Manual of Critical Care Nursing: Interprofessional Collaborative Management, 8th Edition is the go-to reference for helping you provide safe, high-quality nursing care in critical care settings. Written in an abbreviated outline format, it presents essential information on more than 75 disorders and conditions, as well as concepts relevant to caring for critically ill patients and functioning in the critical care environment. Award-winning clinical nurse specialist Marianne Baird separates the content first by body system and then by disorder, with each disorder including a brief description of pathophysiology, assessment, diagnostic testing, collaborative management, nursing diagnoses, desired outcomes, nursing interventions, and patient teaching and rehabilitation.
- Coverage of more than 75 disorders most commonly seen in progressive and critical care settings equips you with all the content needed to handle problems in critical care nursing.
- Consistent, easy-to-use format mirrors a practicing nurse's approach to patient care and facilitates quick reference to vital information.
- Diagnostic Tests tables highlight the definition, purpose, and abnormal findings for each test.
- Gerontologic considerations and bariatric considerations are highlighted throughout to direct attention to patients with unique needs in critical care settings.
- NOC outcomes and NIC interventions apply standardized nursing taxonomies to the disorders and conditions most commonly encountered in progressive and critical care settings.
- Portable size makes it ideal for use on the unit or at the bedside.
- Safety Alert! and High Alert! boxes call attention to issues vital to patient safety.
- NEW! Focused content and a more streamlined, quick-reference format emphasize generic "patient problems" language in lieu of nursing-specific diagnoses to promote interprofessional collaboration and improved communication facilitated by a shared language.
- UPDATED! Comprehensive coverage reflects the latest evidence-based practice and national and international treatment guidelines.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Coverage of interprofessional collaborative management includes Interprofessional Collaborative Management headings and tables that concisely summarize relevant performance measures while incorporating the best available patient care guidelines.
- NEW! Enhanced focus on need-to-know content facilitates quicker information retrieval in time-sensitive high acuity, progressive, and critical care settings.
- General Concepts in Caring for the Critically Ill
- Managing the Critical Care Environment
- Respiratory Disorders
- Cardiac and Vascular Disorders
- Kidney Disorders
- Neurologic Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Hematologic/Immunologic Disorders
- Complex Special Situations
Marianne Saunorus Baird, RN, MN, ACNS-BC, Director of Clinical Excellence and Magnet Recognition Nursing Administration Magnet Program Director Emory DeKalb Medical Center Emory Decatur I Emory Hillandale I Emory Long Term Acute Care Emory Healthcare Atlanta, Georgia