The Spine, 1st Edition
- Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
- The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
- Covers everyday clinical problems such as Herniated Disc, Lumbar Strain, Thoracic Vertebral Compression Fracture, Epidural Abscess, Spondylosis, Spinal Stenosis, Sacroiliac Joint Pain, and more.
- Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
- Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
- An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. 68-Year-Old Female With Acute Worsening Neck and Occipital Pain 2. A 58-Year-Old Female With Acute Neck Pain 3. A 48-Year-Old Male With Neck Pain Radiating Into the Right Shoulder 4. A 78-Year-Old Female With A 21/2-Week History of Neck Pain Radiating Into the Left Upper Extremity 5. A 55-Year-Old Male With a 6-Week History of Neck and Left Upper Extremity Pain 6. A 36-year-old Male With the Inability to Feel Temperature Below the Umbilicus on the Right With Associated Upper and Lower Extremity Weakness 7. An 89-Year-Old Female With Sharp Pain Between the Shoulder Blades 8. A 15-Year-Old Female With Severe Back Pain and an Inability to Walk 9. A 28-Year-Old Male With Acute Low Back Pain 10. A 42-Year-Old Male With Acute Low Back Pain That Radiates Into His Shin With Associated Numbness 11. A 58-Year-Old Female With Right Leg Weakness and Back Pain 12. A 28-Year-Old Female With Severe Low Back Pain That Radiates Into the Right Calf 13. A 26-Year-Old Female With Back Pain and Bilateral Lower Extremity Weakness 14. A 48-Year-Old Male With Lower Extremity Cramping and Weakness With Ambulation 15. A 28-Year-Old Female With Deep Aching in Her Right Low Back and Right Buttock
Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Professor of Medical Humanities and Bioethics, University of Missouri-Kansas City,