Gahart's 2021 Intravenous Medications Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 37th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
The essential information you need to safely administer more than 400 intravenous drugs! For over 45 years, Gahart’s 2021 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals has been a trusted resource for comprehensive drug coverage, unparalleled accuracy, and an intuitive quick-access format. In addition to updated drug interactions, precautions, alerts, and patient teaching instructions for all existing IV drugs, this new 37th edition includes more than a dozen new monographs of the most recent IV drugs to be approved by the FDA. Administering intravenous drugs is a critical task — inaccurate or out-of-date information is not an option. Known as the #1 IV drug handbook on the market, Gahart’s annual publication, with its history of impeccable accuracy, gives you the extra confidence and guidance you need to safely and effectively treat patients.
- Monographs on more than 400 IV drugs offers an impressive breadth of coverage that goes well beyond any comparable drug reference.
- Updated annual publication prevents you from referencing outdated information.
- Additional drug monographs are housed on the companion Evolve website.
- A 45-year history of impeccable accuracy reinforces the importance of safe IV drug administration.
- The perfect depth of information equips you with everything that is needed by today’s clinicians for safe administration of IV drugs — nothing more, nothing less.
- Proven, clinically optimized format keeps all dosage information for each drug on either a single page or a two-page spread to prevent hand contamination by having to turn a page.
- Highlighted Black Box Warnings and relevant content make locating critical information fast and easy.
- Special circumstances in blue-screened text call attention to important circumstances that may not warrant Black Box Warnings.
- Life stage dosage variances are highlighted for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
- Dilution and dosage charts within monographs provide quick access to essential clinical information.
- Convenient, alphabetical format organizes all drug monographs by generic name, allowing you to find any drug in seconds.
- NEW! Drug monographs for 19 newly approved drugs by the FDA provides you with the most current drug information.
- Updates on drug interactions, precautions, alerts, and more have been made throughout the guide to reflect all changes to existing medications.
General Dilution Charts
How to Use This Book
Format and Content of Intravenous Medications
Key to Abbreviations
Important IV Therapy Facts
IV Drugs [alphabetical drug monographs]
A. Recommendations for the Safe Use and Handling of Cytotoxic Drugs
B. FDA Pregnancy Categories
C. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, and National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events
D. Information for Patients Receiving Immunosuppressive Agents
E. Recently Approved Drugs
Solution Compatibility Chart
Betty L. Gahart, RN, Nurse Consultant in Education, Napa, California, Adrienne R. Nazareno, PharmD, Clinical Manager, Pharmacist in Charge, Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Napa, California and Meghan Ortega, RN