Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Exploring Medical Language, 11th Edition
Reinforce your understanding of medical terminology with interactive online learning! Corresponding to the chapters in LaFleur Brooks’ Exploring Medical Language, 11th Edition, Medical Terminology Online provides narrated animations, audio exercises, and activities demonstrating the meaning and use of common medical terms. Not only will you learn word building and analysis skills, but you will also learn to apply medical terms to the clinical setting. Dynamic online modules make it easier to review, practice, and remember medical language!
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Digital format makes it easy to study medical terminology in an online setting.
- Wide range of visual and auditory elements plus interactive exercises is organized to follow the Exploring Medical Language text, and fits a broad spectrum of learning styles.
- Self-assessment quizzes and exams enable you to track your progress and identify areas requiring further study.
- End-of-module case studies link concepts together and challenge you to apply terminology to real-world scenarios.
- Audio program and exercises reinforce the correct pronunciation of terminology.
- 35 animations clarify difficult concepts not easily understood through text descriptions and static images.
- Medical record activities help you practice identifying and interpreting medical terms located within realistic health care documents.
- Outcome-based learning provides instant feedback and includes assessment quizzes to ensure you are meeting course objectives.
- Extensive glossary provides quick access to definitions and audio pronunciations for more than 5,000 terms in both English and Spanish.
- Adaptive technology makes it easy to practice word parts in a personalized environment.
- Accessible content is designed to meet all Level A and AA checkpoints of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
- NEW! Updated content reflects current medical language and changes in the healthcare delivery system.
1. Introduction to Medical Language and Online Learning
2. Body Structure, Color, and Oncology
3. Directional Terms, Planes, Positions, Regions, and Quadrants
4. Integumentary System
5. Respiratory System and Introduction to Diagnostic Procedures and Tests
6. Urinary System
7. Male Reproductive System
8. Female Reproductive System
9. Obstetrics and Neonatology
10. Cardiovascular, Blood, Immune, and Lymphatic Systems
11. Digestive System
14. Musculoskeletal System
15. Nervous System and Behavioral Health
16. Endocrine System
Myrna LaFleur Brooks, RN, BEd, Founding President of the National Association of Health Unit Clerks/Coordinators, Faculty Emeritus, Maricopa County Community College District, Phoenix, AZ and Danielle LaFleur Brooks, MA, Med, Faculty, Community Colleges of Vermont