Buck's Physician Coding Exam Review 2020 Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Prepare to succeed on your physician coding certification exam with Buck’s Physician Coding Exam Review 2020: The Certification Step! This extensive exam review provides complete coverage of all topics included on the physician coding certification exam — including anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each body system; reimbursement issues; CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM coding; and more. Four full practice exams (with answers and rationales) simulate the testing experience and provide enough practice to reassure even the most insecure exam-taker. It’s the only physician coding exam review you need!
- UNIQUE! Four full practice exams on Evolve simulate the experience of taking the actual physician coding exam, allowing you to assess your strengths and weaknesses in order to develop a plan for focused study.
- Answers and rationales to questions on the practice exams let you check your work.
- Concise outline format helps you access key information quickly and study more efficiently.
- Mobile-optimized quick quizzes offer on-the-go practice with more than 350 medical terminology, pathophysiology, CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM questions.
- "Real-life" coding reports simulate the reports that you will encounter on the job, and challenge you to apply key coding principles to actual cases.
- Test-taking tips in the Success Strategies section guide you step-by-step through the entire exam process.
- NEW! Updated content features the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
Course Syllabus and Student Calendar
Unit 1: Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
Unit 2: Reimbursement Issues
Unit 3: CPT and HCPCS Coding
Unit 4: ICD-10-CM Coding
Unit 5: Coding Challenge
Appendix A: Resources
Appendix B: Answers
Appendix C: Medical Terminology
Appendix D: Combining Forms
Appendix E: Prefixes
Appendix F: Suffixes
Appendix G: Abbreviations
Appendix H: Further Text Resources