Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Medical Terminology & Anatomy for Coding, 4th Edition
Medical Terminology Online (MTO) with Elsevier Adaptive Learning (EAL) provides supplementary content and engaging exercises to help you master the medical terminology presented in Betsy Shiland's Medical Terminology & Anatomy for Coding, 4th Edition. With EAL accessible within the modules, MTO allows you to learn faster by delivering content precisely when it’s needed to ensure you understand and retain key information.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Digital format is ideal for meeting the needs of coding students taking medical terminology in an online setting.
- A wide range of auditory and visual elements and various interactive exercises are organized to follow the text and appeal to a broad spectrum of learners.
- Adaptive technology allows students to practice word parts in a personalized environment.
- Audio program and exercises reinforce correct pronunciation of terminology.
- Designed to meet all Level A and AA checkpoints of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
2. Body Structure and Directional Terminology
3. Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
4. Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
5. Digestive System
6. Genitourinary System
7. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
8. Blood, Blood-Forming Organs, and the Immune Mechanism
9. Circulatory System
10. Respiratory System
11. Nervous System
12. Mental and Behavioral Disorders
13. Eye and Adnexa
14. Ear and Mastoid Process
15. Endocrine System and Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases
Betsy J. Shiland, MS, RHIA, CCS, CHDA, CPC, CPB, CPPM, Former Assistant Professor, Allied Health Department, Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania