Atlas of Pediatric Echocardiography, 1st Edition
Written by Dr. Filip Kucera, a pediatric cardiology consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital, Atlas of Pediatric Echocardiography provides "next level" guidance for clinicians who want to improve their echocardiographic skills. It covers a wide range of levels, from a beginner to an advanced level. This highly illustrated atlas is an excellent resource not only for pediatric cardiologists and trainees in pediatric cardiology, but also neonatologists, pediatric intensivists, and pediatricians with an interest in echocardiography.
•Contains over 800 high-quality echocardiograms, depicting normal views followed by congenital and acquired cardiovascular defects and other conditions.
•Provides clear explanations for all pathology images for a clear understanding of the diagnosis.
•Includes a guide to normal echocardiographic examination.
•Covers segmental approach to congenital heart disease; atrial, ventricular and atrio-ventricular septal defects; diseases of the mitral, tricuspid, left and right ventricular outflow tract; double outlet right ventricle; tetralogy of Fallot; transposition of the great arteries; truncus arteriosus; functionally single ventricle; PDA; coarctation and interruption of the aorta; vascular rings; pulmonary and systemic venous anomalies; congenital coronary artery abnormalities; myocarditis; cardiomyopathies; Kawasaki disease; rheumatic heart disease; infective endocarditis; pericardial disease; cardiac tumors; pulmonary hypertension; genetic syndromes; mechanical circulatory support; heart transplantation and more.
A. GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Normal transthoracic echocardiogram in a child
- Segmental approach to congenital heart disease
- Atrial septal defects
- Ventricular septal defects
- Atrio-ventricular septal defects
- Diseases of the mitral valve
- Diseases of the tricuspid valve
- Diseases of the left ventricular outflow tract
- Diseases of the right ventricular outflow tract
- Double outlet right ventricle
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries
- Truncus arteriosus
- Functionally single ventricle
- Patent ductus arteriosus and aorto-pulmonary window
- Coarctation and interruption of the aorta
- Vascular rings and pulmonary artery sling
- Pulmonary and systemic venous anomalies
- Congenital coronary artery abnormalities
- Kawasaki disease
- Rheumatic heart disease
- Infective endocarditis
- Pericardial disease
- Cardiac tumors
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Common genetic syndromes associated with heart disease
- Mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation
B. CONGENITAL HEART DEFECTS
C. ACQUIRED HEART DISEASES AND OTHER CONDITIONS
Filip Kucera, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, United Kingdom