Review Questions and Answers for Veterinary Technicians Elseiver eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Prepare for VTNE success! Review Questions and Answers for Veterinary Technicians, 6th Edition provides more than 4,500 VTNE-style questions that have been reviewed and updated to reflect the latest changes to the Veterinary Technician National Examination. The book begins with multiple-choice questions on basic knowledge, including anatomy and physiology, hospital management, calculations, and terminology. It continues with a Q&A review of core subjects such as pharmacology, surgical nursing, laboratory procedures, diagnostic imaging, and pain management. Written by veterinary technology educator Heather Prendergast, this review includes an Evolve website allowing you to create customized, timed practice exams that mirror the VTNE experience.
- More than 4,500 multiple-choice questions mirror the type of questions on the VTNE and are designed to test your factual knowledge, reasoning skills, and clinical judgment.
- Detailed rationales are included in the print text and on the Evolve website, reinforcing your knowledge and providing the reasoning behind answers.
- Organization of the book into primary subject areas reflects the latest version of the VTNE.
- Customized exam generator on Evolve offers a simulated test-taking experience with customized practice tests and timed practice exams including instant feedback and extended rationales.
- F NEW! More than 200 new questions are added to this edition.
PART ONE: FOUNDATION OF KNOWLEDGE REVIEW
Section 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Section 2: Hospital Management
Section 3: Calculations
Section 4: Terminology
PART TWO: VTNE REVIEW
Section 5: Pharmacology
Section 6: Surgical Nursing
Section 7: Dentistry
Section 8: Laboratory Procedures
Section 9: Animal Nursing
Section 10: Diagnostic Imaging
Section 11: Anesthesia
Section 12: Emergency and Critical Care
Section 13: Pain Management and Analgesia
Section 14: Exotic Animals
Appendix: Answer Key
Heather Prendergast, BS, AS, RVT, CVPM, Certified Practice Manager, Jornada Veterinary Clinic, Las Cruces, New Mexico