Study Guide for Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Reinforce your understanding of nursing pharmacology and medication safety! Corresponding chapter by chapter to Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 10th Edition, this study guide provides exercises designed to help you administer medications safely and prevent drug errors. Learning activities include a math review, dosage calculation exercises, and case studies that emphasize clinical decision-making and prioritization. It’s the comprehensive review you need to succeed on course and licensure exams!
- Variety of exercises reinforces your understanding with matching, multiple-choice, and select-all-that-apply questions, as well as crossword puzzles.
- Practice quizzes provide preparation for course and licensure exams.
- Reader-friendly writing style and organization makes the content easier to understand.
- NEW! Updated exercises cover newly approved pharmaceutical treatments and drugs.
- NEW Next Generation NCLEX®-format and alternate item review questions prepare you for the new licensure exam.
- NEW organization of chapters more logically organizes review exercises by body system and type of drug.
Unit I: General Principles
1. Pharmacology and the Nursing Process in LPN Practice
2. Legal, Regulatory, and Ethical Aspects of Drug Administration
3. Principles of Pharmacology
Unit II: Principles of Medication Administration
4. Drug Calculation: Preparing and Administering Drugs
Unit III: Drug Categories
5. Drugs for Bacterial Infections
6. Drugs for Tuberculosis, Fungal and Parasitic Infections
7. Drugs for Viral and Retroviral Infections
8. Drugs for Allergy and Respiratory Problems
9. Drugs Affecting the Renal/Urinary and Cardiovascular Systems
10. Drugs for Central Nervous System Problems
11. Drugs for Mental Health
12. Drugs for Pain Management
13. Drugs for Inflammation, Arthritis and Gout
14. Drugs for Gastrointestinal Problems
15. Drugs Affecting the Hematologic System
16. Drugs for Immunization and Immunomodulation
17. Drugs for Osteoporosis and Hormonal Problems
18. Drug Therapy for Diabetes
19. Drugs for Eye and Ear Problems
20. Over-the-Counter Drug Therapy
Constance G Visovsky, PhD, RN, ACNP-BC, Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs & Partnerships, Director of Diversity, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, Cheryl H Zambroski, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida and Shirley Hosler, MSN, RN, Adjunct Faculty, Santa Fe Community College, Santa Fe, New Mexico