The Knee, 1st Edition
- Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
- The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
- Covers everyday clinical problems such as Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Knee; Medical and Lateral Meniscal Tear, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear, Jumper’s and Runner’s Knee, Bursitis, Osgood Schlatter Disease, Hamstring Tendinitis, and more.
- Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
- Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
- An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. A 72-Year-Old Female With Right Knee Pain 2. A 32-Year-Old Male With Acute Left Medial Knee Pain Following a Soccer Injury 3. A 24-Year-Old Male Football Player With Severe Posterior Knee Pain 4. A 24-Year-Old Male With a Painful, Unsteady Right Knee Following a Skiing Accident 5. A 25-Year-Old Male With Right Anteroinferior Knee Pain and Swelling 6. A 26-Year-Old Male Long-Distance Runner With Right Lateral Knee Pain 7. A 27-Year-Old Carpet Layer With Severe Left Knee Pain and Swelling 8. A 27-Year-Old Homemaker With Severe Left Knee Pain and Swelling 9. A 29-Year-Old Electrical Engineer With Severe Left Knee and Upper Leg Pain and Swelling 10. A 24-Year-Old Optician With Severe Left Anteriomedial Knee Pain 11. A 14-Year-Old Competitive Irish Dancer With Severe Left Anterior Knee Pain 12. A 24-Year-Old Youth Pastor With Posterior Left Knee Swelling and Pain 13. A 26-Year-Old Registered Nurse With Posterolateral Knee Pain 14. A 28-Year-Old Yoga Instructor With Pain, Numbness, and a Foot Drop 15. A 21-Year-Old Sprinter With Medial Calf Pain and Bruising
Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine