Buck's Coding Exam Review 2021, 1st Edition
Prepare to succeed on your coding certification exam with Buck’s Coding Exam Review 2021: The Physician and Facility Certification Step! This extensive exam review provides complete coverage of all topics included on the physician and facility coding certification exams — including anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each body system; reimbursement issues; CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM/PCS coding; and more. Six full practice exams (with answers and rationales) simulate the testing experience and provide enough practice to reassure even the most insecure exam-taker. It’s the only coding exam review you need!
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Six full practice exams on Evolve simulate the experience of taking actual coding certification exams, allowing students to assess their strengths and weaknesses in order to develop a plan for focused study.
- Answers and rationales to questions on the practice exams let students check their work.
- Concise outline format helps students access key information quickly and study more efficiently.
- Extra instructor-led quizzes provide 600 questions to utilize for additional assessment.
- Mobile-optimized quick quizzes offer on-the-go practice with more than 350 medical terminology, pathophysiology, CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM questions.
- "Real-life" coding reports (cleared of any confidential information) simulate the reports that students will encounter on the job and help them apply key coding principles to actual cases.
- Test-taking tips in the Success Strategies section guide students step-by-step through the entire exam process.
- NEW! Updated content features the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
- NEW! Full coverage and exam prep for facility coding in addition to physician coding
Part 1: Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
Part 2: Physician-based Reimbursement Issues
Part 3: Facility-based Reimbursement Issues
Part 4: CPT and HCPCS Coding
Part 5: ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding
Part 6: Physician-based Coding Challenge
Part 7: Facility-based Coding Challenge
Appendix A: Resources
Appendix B: Answers
Appendix C: Medical Terminology
Appendix D: Combining Forms
Appendix E: Prefixes
Appendix F: Suffixes
Appendix G: Abbreviations
Appendix H: Further Text Resources
Appendix I: Pharmacology Review