Potbellied Pig Veterinary Medicine - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Provide preventive care and evidence-based treatment for potbellied pigs! Covering a subject that gets little or no attention in other veterinary references, Potbellied Pig Veterinary Medicine is today’s definitive guide to all aspects of care for these unique animals. Topics include everything from the physical examination to handling and restraint, common illnesses, diagnosis and treatment, vaccination protocols, behavior, husbandry, sedation, surgery, and much more. Written by Dr. Kristie Mozzachio, a potbellied pig specialist and toxicologic pathologist, this clinical reference is a must-have for every veterinary practice.
- Comprehensive coverage addresses the essential topics of potbellied pig veterinary care, helping you properly care for these animals within a veterinary practice.
- Coverage of key aspects of potbellied pig care includes physical examinations, diseases, behavior, husbandry, handling/restraint, surgery, and much more.
- More than 150 clinical photos show a wide variety of potbellied pigs and treatment scenarios.
- Enhanced eBook is included with the purchase of a new print copy of the book, providing online access to a fully searchable version of the text and making its content available on various devices.
- Single-source review provides an all-in-one reference on the care of potbellied pigs.
- Expert author Kristie Mozzachio has worked with potbellied pigs for more than 25 years, including a mobile veterinary service that specializes in potbellied pigs, and consults both nationally and internationally.
Finalized TOC, from the author, is expected by October 1, 2019.
History & Breeds (brief introduction of popular breeds including the teacup pig myth)
Behavior (possibly co-written with Dr. Valarie Tynes)
Hoof trim, tusk trim, vaccination, deworming
Surgery: Spay & Neuter
Illness/Disease: arranged like the 5-minute vet consult for ease of use