Sonography Scanning Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Featuring an updated two-color design, Sonography Scanning, Principles and Protocols, 5th Edition is the go-to guide for producing diagnostic sonograms for students and physicians. This new edition covers the latest ultrasound scanning principles along with step-by-step instructions for scanning and documenting images. The text also incorporates clinical skills, professionalism, image labeling, image techniques, case presentations, handling of ultrasound equipment, and the universal method for scanning and documenting pathologies. Content reflects the latest ARDMS standards and AIUM guidelines; and provides information on patient preparation, transducers, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images. Also included are the location of specific vessels or organs, anatomy and physiology, sonographic appearance, and normal variations.
- Scanning principles and step-by-step instructions on how to scan and document images helps students improve the quality of sonographic studies and establish standardization and image documentation for physician diagnostic interpretation.
- Sonographic ergonomics and proper use of equipment helps students avoid occupational injuries.
- Scanning protocol for pathology provides the criteria for evaluating and documenting abnormal sonographic findings, describing those findings within legal parameters, and relating those findings to the interpreting physician.
- Key words and objectives at the beginning of every chapter notify students of the pertinent information in the following chapter.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest ARDMS standards and AIUM guidelines.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated scanning protocols follow AIUM guidelines and offer essential information on patient preparation, transducers, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images.
- NEW! Flexible soft cover makes it easy to take notes and transport content.
1. Clinical Principles
2. Scanning Planes and Scanning Methods
3. Scanning Protocol for Abnormal Findings
4. Abdominal Aorta Scanning Protocol
5. Inferior Vena Cava Scanning Protocol
6. Liver Scanning Protocol
7. Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Scanning Protocol
8. Pancreas Scanning Protocol
9. Renal Scanning Protocol
10. Spleen Scanning Protocol
11. Image Protocol for Full and Limited Studies of the Abdomen
12. Female Pelvis Scanning Protocol
13. Transvaginal Sonography
14. Obstetrics Scanning Protocol for First, Second, and Third Trimesters
15. Male Pelvis Scanning Protocol for the Prostate Gland, Scrotum, and Penis
16. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands Scanning Protocol
17. Breast Scanning Protocol
18. Neonatal Brain Scanning Protocol
19. Musculoskeletal Scanning Protocol NEW!
20. Abdominal Doppler and Color Flow
21. Cerebrovascular Duplex Scanning Protocol
22. Peripheral Arterial and Venous Duplex Scanning Protocols
A Guidelines for Performance of the Abdominal and Retroperitoneal Ultrasound Examination
B Guidelines for Performance of the Scrotal Ultrasound Examination
C Guidelines for Performance of the Antepartum Obstetrical Ultrasound Examination
D Guidelines for Performance of the Ultrasound Examination of the Female Pelvis
E Guidelines for Performance of the Ultrasound Examination of the Prostate (and Surrounding Structures)
M. Robert de Jong, RDMS, RDCS, RVT, FSDMS, Radiology Technical Manager - Ultrasound, The Russell H. Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland