Mosby's Pharmacy Technician Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Get everything you need to prepare for a successful career as a pharmacy technician in one easy-to-read textbook! Useful from day one through graduation, Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 6th Edition includes comprehensive information on pharmacy practice, anatomy and physiology, math calculation, and pharmacology. Built from the ground up to map directly to American Society for Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accreditation competencies and to the accepted certification exams, this approachable text covers everything from processing and handling of medications and medication orders to patient safety, quality assurance, and regulation and compliance. It also features a rich art program with equipment close-ups, clinical procedures and processes, and body system illustrations that bring the content to life and visually reinforce your understanding of key concepts. With its clear writing, expert insight, and engaging study tools, this text will help you develop a solid foundation in the pharmacy content you need to pass the board examination and launch a successful and rewarding career.
- Comprehensive coverage of pharmacy practice, A&P, and pharmacology supports classroom success and board exam preparation.
- Step-by-step, illustrated procedures provide rationales for key skills and competencies.
- Study practice includes review questions at the end of each chapter, an exam-review appendix with sample questions, and online review questions.
- Scenario boxes help you develop real-world problem-solving skills.
- Mini drug monographs provide drug information summaries and photos for commonly prescribed medications.
- Tech Notes and Tech Alerts offer practical tips for on-the-job accuracy and efficiency.
- NEW! Additional content ensures thorough coverage of all entry-level and many advanced ASHP accreditation competencies, including:
- Wellness, disease prevention, and immunizations
- Medication compliance and point-of-care testing
- Professional and regulatory standards
- Medication requiring special handling and documentation
- Nonsterile and sterile compounding
- Advanced Pharmacy Technician duties
Unit One – Pharmacy Practice
1 History of Medicine and Pharmacy
2 Pharmacy Law, Ethics, and Regulatory Agencies
3 Competencies, Associations, and Settings for Technicians
4 Communication and Role of the Technician with the Customer/Patient
5 Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration
6 Conversions and Calculations
7 Drug Information References
8 Community Pharmacy Practice
9 Institutional Pharmacy Practice
10 Additional Pharmacy Practice Settings and Advanced Roles for Technicians
11 Bulk Repackaging and Non-Sterile Compounding
12 Aseptic Technique and Sterile Compounding
13 Pharmacy Billing and Inventory Management
14 Medication Safety and Error Prevention
15 Pharmacy Operations Management
Unit Two – Pharmacology and Medications
16 Drug Classifications and Foundations
17 Therapeutic Agents for the Gastrointestinal System
18 Therapeutic Agents for the Musculoskeletal System
19 Therapeutic Agents for the Nervous System
20 Therapeutic Agents for the Immune System
21 Therapeutic Agents for the Cardiovascular System
22 Therapeutic Agents for the Respiratory System
23 Therapeutic Agents for the Endocrine System
24 Therapeutic Agents for the Renal System
25 Therapeutic Agents for the Reproductive System
26 Therapeutic Agents for Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat
27 Therapeutic Agents for the Dermatologic System
28 Therapeutic Agents for the Hematologic System
29 Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications
30 Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
Appendix A: Top 200 Prescription Drugs
Appendix B: Top 30 Herbal Remedies
Elsevier, Karen Davis, AAHCA, BS, CPhT, Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program, Penn Foster Career College, Scranton, Pennsylvania; President and Owner, Accreditation Alliance Consulting Services, Society for the Education of Pharmacy Technicians (SEPhT), Lyons, Georgia and Anthony Guerra, PharmD, RPh, Chair, Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program, Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny, Iowa