Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 9th Edition
Help your students master the latest imaging procedures and technologies in nuclear medicine! Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging: Technology and Techniques, 9th Edition provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art information on all aspects of nuclear medicine. Coverage of body systems includes anatomy and physiology, along with details on how to perform and interpret related diagnostic procedures. The leading technologies — SPECT, PET, CT, MRI, and PET/CT — are presented with an emphasis on radiation safety and patient care.
- Comprehensive coverage of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging makes this a complete resource.
- Accessible writing style simplifies topics, first introducing fundamentals and progressing to more complex concepts.
- Procedure boxes provide step-by-step instructions for clinical procedures and protocols so they can be performed with confidence.
- NEW! Full-color design provides clear and realistic examples of PET/CT scans seen in practice.
- NEW! Expanded content on radiopharmacy reflects current practice.
- NEW! Coverage of new technologies explores emerging topics related to therapeutics, MRI, and the growth of PET/CT due to the increased use of radiopharmaceuticals for diagnosis and treatment.
SECTION 1 Foundations
1 Mathematics and Statistics
2 Cell and Molecular Biology
3 General Chemistry and Biochemistry
4 Radiochemistry and Radiopharmacology
5 Radiation Safety in Nuclear Medicine
SECTION 2 Patient Care, Management, and Research
6 Patient Care
7 Department Administration and Clinical Research
8 Health Informatics in Imaging
SECTION 3 Physics and Instrumentation
9 Physics of Nuclear Medicine
11 Computed Tomography Physics and Instrumentation
12 Positron Emission Tomography Instrumentation
13 Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
SECTION 4 Imaging Procedures and Protocols
14 Central Nervous System
15 Endocrine System
16 Respiratory System
17 Cardiovascular System
18 Gastrointestinal System,
19 Genitourinary System
20 Skeletal System
21 Clinical PET/CT in Oncology
SECTION 5 A Summary of the More
23 Supplementary Procedures: Breast, Lymph Nodes, Esophagus, Salivary Glands, Inflammation, Testicular, and the Carbon-14 Breath Test
Appendix A Percentage Points and Chi-Square Distribution
Appendix B Radionuclides and Radiopharmaceutical Forms Used in Clinical Nuclear Medicine (Includes Research Radiopharmaceuticals)
Appendix C Glossary
Appendix D Answers to Chapter 1 Mathematics and Statistics Review
David Gilmore, EdD, CNMT, RT(R)(N), FSNMMI-TS, Program Director & Associate Professor, Nuclear Medicine Technology, MCPHS University, Boston, Massachusetts and Kristen Waterstram-Rich, MS, CNMT, NCT, FSNMTS, Kristen M. Waterstram-Rich, MS, CNMT, FSNMMI-TS, Professor, Interim Associate Dean, College of Health Sciences and Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY