AACN Core Curriculum for Progressive and Critical Care Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Get ready for clinical practice in progressive and critical care nursing with this definitive resource! From the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, the AACN Core Curriculum for Progressive and Critical Care Nursing, 8th Edition covers the knowledge and skills needed to prepare for the CCRN® and PCCN® certification examinations and to provide safe and effective care in progressive and critical care settings. Content in this edition corresponds to the most recent CCRN® and PCCN® exam blueprints and reflects the latest in evidence-based practice. With its clear outline format and comprehensive coverage of nursing competencies, this text is both a convenient clinical reference and a valuable study tool.
- Experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) provide the definitive reference for progressive and critical care nursing care of adults.
- Concise outline format makes information easy to find and easy to digest.
- Basic to advanced levels of coverage emphasizes clinical nursing practice, preparing you with the full range of knowledge needed for optimal patient care in progressive and critical care settings.
- Key content in each body systems chapter includes an anatomy and physiology review, assessment, patient care, and specific patient health problems.
- Expert Tips and Key Concepts boxes highlight important content and serve as a quick reference.
- A companion to the AACN Procedure Manual, this book is a cornerstone of Elsevier’s partnership with the leading organization in critical and acute care nursing, providing a guide to essential nursing competencies.
- NEW! Updated content corresponds to the most recent CCRN® and PCCN® examination blueprints and reflects the latest research evidence, clinical studies, national and international treatment protocols, the AACN/ANA scope of practice, and AACN’s ECCO 3.0.
- NEW! Updated table of contents, chapter format, and full-color design make the book easier to read and use.
- NEW! Additional full-color illustrations, boxes, and tables enhance understanding and provide quicker access to need-to-know information in clinical practice.
AACN and Tonja Hartjes, DNP, CNS, APRN, CNE®cl, CCRN, FAANP, Associate Program Director and Associate Professor, DNP Program, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX