Elsevier's Faculty Development - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
There’s no better way to build your teaching skills! Elsevier’s Faculty Development: An Interactive Solution provides a comprehensive, one-stop solution to help you improve your effectiveness in the classroom and advance your career. A combination handbook and self-guided online course make it easy to progress through the material at your own pace. You will study topics such as learning theories, course planning, classroom management, assessment writing, and best-practice instruction methods for a variety of settings, supplemented throughout with interactive exercises, case scenarios, and critical thinking questions to help you put it into practice. Elsevier’s Faculty Development contains the tools you need to prioritize student success and become a master teacher!
- Multi-faceted learning solution combines a handbook for didactic learning plus a self-guided interactive online course.
- Text and online content include an in-depth look at learning theories, course planning and classroom management, teaching methods for a variety of settings, assessment writing, self-development, and ways to decrease the educational gap.
- Activities and assessments help you implement the concepts you’ve learned and to document your participation and experience, using interactive exercises, critical thinking questions, case studies with examples from a variety of program/student populations, and course module assessments to keep you engaged and track your progress.
- Certificate is issued upon the successful completion of each module, post-module assessment, and final exam; this certificate can be added to your employee record or portfolio to allow administrators to track onboarding.
- Bonus course module focuses on the unique needs of remote learning and instruction to provide additional guidance for instructors who have been moved from on-ground to online teaching.
- The Private Postsecondary Campus (staff roles, advisory boards, schedules, students)
- Career Education Sector Overview (postsecondary education, career schools, college admissions, career school demographics)
- How Students Learn (learning science, adult learning theory, learning styles, Bloom’s Taxonomy, Cone of Learning, why it all matters)
- Teaching and Learning, Assessment, and Student Outcomes (setting the right tone best practices, instructor as facilitator, active learning, clinical/externship experiences, lesson plans, learning activities, assessment, objectives and learning outcomes)
- Faculty Roles and Responsibilities (qualifications, faculty file, subject matter experts, licensing, continuing education, professional development and in-service training, regulatory compliance, institutional and programmatic accreditation)
- Classroom Management (principles, best practices, case studies)
- Emerging Trends in Postsecondary Education (new teaching/learning models, adaptive learning, digital literacy, competency-based learning, alternative pathways, portability of credits)
- Intellectual Property (copyright, fair use, permissions, web resources, plagiarism)
Elsevier and Sonja P Sheppard, PhD, MEd, RN, Director of Nursing