Buck's Simulated Medical Coding Internship 2021/2022 Edition, 1st Edition
Realistic coding practice enables your students to hit the ground running in their first jobs! Developed by Elsevier, Buck’s Simulated Medical Coding Internship, 2021/2022 Edition prepares students to code accurately and efficiently in a professional setting. More than 600 cases in 18 medical specialties offer a realistic simulation of the workload in a multi-specialty medical clinic. This simulated coding internship complements and provides application for the concepts learned in Buck’s Step-by-Step Medical Coding and Buck’s The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing. Best of all, students can SAVE a portfolio of the coding cases they’ve completed to prove proficiency to potential employers!
- Saving reports allows you compile a custom portfolio of results to demonstrate proficiency to prospective employers.
- Approximately 34 reports in each module — for a total of 615 reports — cover the types of coding seen in a multi-specialty medical practice.Trial and practice exams in each module help you track your comprehension and progress.
- Answers and rationales help you understand the reasoning behind the proper coding sequence.
- Course flexibility allows you to complete modules and reports in any order, though moving through the modules in order is recommended.
- Online format lets you view reports, make highlights, and submit all codes electronically.
- E/M Lecture Hall on the Evolve companion website provides additional learning and practice with Evaluation and Management coding.
- Lock Computer feature enables you to keep patient information private while away from your desk.
- Updated content includes the latest coding information available, including 2022 code updates when released.
Module 1: Evaluation and Management
Module 2: Anesthesia
Module 3: Cardiology
Module 4: Integumentary
Module 5: Emergency Medicine
Module 6: Medicine
Module 7: Gastroenterology
Module 8: Pulmonary
Module 9: Neurology and Ophthalmology
Module 10: OB/GYN
Module 11: Orthopedics
Module 12: Otorhinolaryngology
Module 13: Pathology
Module 14: Pediatrics, Neonatology, and Adolescent Medicine
Module 15: Diagnostic Radiology
Module 16: Interventional Radiology and Radiation Oncology
Module 17: Urology
Module 18: General Surgery
This product is available in the following formats: