Drug Calculations Online (Generic Version 3) - eCommerce, 1st Edition
The easy-to-use Drug Calculations Online, Version 3 is especially designed for nursing programs in need of an online drug calculations course that does not accompany a specific text. This affordable, innovative course features numerous examples and practice problems with step-by-step tutorials for each of the four major drug calculation methods (ratio and proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis), so students can choose their preferred method. Interactive self-assessment activities, such as matching, sequencing, labeling, and multiple select activities, expose students to the types of questions seen on the NCLEX® examination. Ideal for diverse learning styles and circumstances, it can be used as a complete course — or as a course supplement with any book.
- Discusses the four major drug calculation methods — ratio & proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis — to expose you to all calculation methods, so you can choose your preferred method.
- Extensive math instruction helps you master the basic skills needed to accurately and effectively calculate drug dosages.
- Math practice problems with step-by-step tutorials guide you through each of the four drug calculation methods.
- Interactive self-assessment activities, such as matching, sequencing, labeling, and multiple select activities, are similar to the types of questions seen on the NCLEX examination.
- Interactive case studies in select modules incorporate real life patient scenarios.
- Quizzes within each module allow you to test your knowledge of all major topics covered in that particular section.
- Animations demonstrate concepts related to dosage calculation and drug administration.
- A comprehensive audio glossary defines pertinent terms within the course.
- Modules are organized by topic sections and include an overview, objectives, a reading assignment, example problems, practice problems, quizzes and test bank questions.
- Engaging voice-over narration enhances the step-by-step explanation of math skills and drug calculation methods — and livens up instruction and discussion.
- Content on the latest drug administration techniques and devices, as well as the various forms of administering drugs, including oral, intravenous, intra-muscular, subcutaneous, and other routes used in drug administration.
- Coverage of infusion pumps, including enteral, single, multi-channel, PCA, and insulin, helps you understand their increased use in drug administration.
- UPDATED! Revised drug content ensures you are learning with the latest medication information.
- UPDATED! Practice problems with current drug labels create more realistic instruction and learning.
- UPDATED! The latest ISMP and TJC guidelines enable you to learn the most up-to-date terms and abbreviations.
Basic Math Review (Number Systems, Fractions, Decimals, Ratio/Proportion, Percentage, Post-Math Test)
Module 1: Systems Used for Drug Administration and Temperature Conversion
Module 2: Conversion within the Metric and Household Systems
Module 3: Interpretation of Drug Labels, Drug Orders, Bar Codes, MAR and eMAR, Automation of Medication Dispensing, Administration, and Abbreviations
Module 4: Prevention of Medication Errors
Module 5: Alternative Methods for Drug Administration
Module 6: Methods of Calculation
Module 7: Methods of Calculation for Individualized Drug Dosing
Module 8: Oral and Enteral Preparations with Clinical Applications
Module 9: Injectable Preparations with Clinical Applications
Module 10: Antidiabetic Medications
Module 11: Intravenous Preparations with Clinical Applications
Module 12: Anticoagulants
Module 13: Pediatrics
Module 14: Critical Care
Module 15: Pediatric Critical Care
Module 16: Labor and Delivery
Module 17: Home Care and Community
This product is available in the following formats: