Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Dentistry - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Help your students develop skills in patient assessment, oral diagnosis, and treatment planning! A full-color, all-in-one reference, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Dentistry, 4th Edition helps students learn to create person-centered dental treatment plans for adolescent and adult patients. Using evidence-based research, this text shows how risk assessment, prognosis, and expected treatment outcomes factor into the planning process. Detailed coverage guides readers through each phase of the treatment plan. New to this edition are chapters covering digital tools used in treatment planning and revised content in all chapters. The book renews a core section that enlightens the reader on how to plan and provide optimal oral health care for unique patient populations. A must-have resource throughout dental school and beyond, this book includes a fully searchable eBook version free with each print purchase.
- Clear, logical organization builds your understanding with sections on comprehensive patient evaluation, the treatment planning process, the five phases of the treatment plan, and care planning for all patients.
- What's the Evidence? boxes cite research articles affecting clinical decision-making and treatment planning strategies.
- In Clinical Practice boxes summarize information on specific clinical situations for quick and easy review.
- Ethics in Dentistry boxes address clinical situations where ethical decision making may be required.
- Review questions summarize and reinforce the important concepts in each chapter.
- 350 full-color illustrations depict important concepts.
- NEW! Updated content in all chapters.
- NEW! An eBook version is included with print purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. Plus, additional videos and all-new case-based practice quizzes for each chapter.
- NEW! Digital Tools chapter focuses on the use of digital tools in diagnosis and treatment planning.
Section 1: Patient Examination and Diagnosis
1. Patient Evaluation and Assessment
2. Common Diagnoses in Dentistry
Section 2: The Treatment Planning Process
3. Evidence Based Treatment Planning: Assessment of Risk, Prognosis, and Expected Treatment Outcomes
4. Developing the Treatment Plan
5. Interprofessional Treatment Planning
6. Ethical and Legal Considerations when Treatment Planning
Section 3: Phases of the Treatment Plan
7. The Systemic Phase of Treatment
8. The Acute Phase of Treatment
9. The Disease Control Phase of Treatment
10. The Definitive Phase of Treatment
11. The Maintenance Phase of Care
Section 4: Planning Treatment for Unique Patient Populations
12. The Patient with Special Needs
13. The Patient Who Is Substance Dependent
14. The Anxious or Fearful Dental Patient
15. The Patient with Psychological Disorders
16. The Adolescent Patient
17. The Geriatric Patient
18. The Motivationally Compromised or Financially Limited Patient
Stephen J. Stefanac, DDS, MS, Senior Associate Dean Associate Dean for Patient Services Professor, Periodontics and Oral Medicine University of Michigan School of Dentistry Ann Arbor, MI and Samuel P. Nesbit, DDS, MS, Clinical Professor Department of Operative Dentistry University of North Carolina School of Dentistry Chapel Hill, NC