Brown and Mulholland’s Drug Calculations, 12th Edition
Trust this market-leading ratio and proportion text that’s known for its realistic practice problems and unique "proof" step in the answer key that allows you to double-check your answers to avoid medication errors. This edition continues to promote critical thinking, clinical judgment, and patient safety with respect to accurate drug dosages. Helpful worksheets, assessment tests, and Clinical Alerts call attention to situations in actual practice that have resulted in drug errors — giving you extensive hands-on practice for the Next Generation NCLEX® and beyond.
- More than 1,100 ratio and proportion problems offer the extensive practice you need to become proficient in this method of drug calculation.
- Step-by-step format for each problem includes a unique "proof" step in the answer key to ensure you understand the solution.
- End-of-chapter practice tools include general worksheets, multiple-choice worksheets, critical thinking exercises, chapter finals, and a chapter answer key.
- Safe Medication Administration chapter helps you prevent medication errors and understand drug labels, medication administration forms, and provider order forms.
- Clinical Alerts highlight potential and common drug calculation errors.
- Full-color drug labels and equipment illustrations provide a realistic representation of medication administration.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN)-style questions in select chapters include answer keys with rationales for correct answers.
- NEW! Coverage incorporates the 2020 Hospital National Patient Safety Goals of identifying patients correctly, using medications safely, and preventing infection.
- UPDATED! The latest drug information throughout reflects current practice.
- UPDATED! Vocabulary definitions feature the most current terms and advances in drug administration.
. General Mathematics
2. Ratio & Proportion
3. Safe Medication Administration
4. Medication Measurements and Oral Dose Calculations
5. Injectable Medication Calculations
6. Reconstitution of Medications form Powders and Crystals: Oral and Intramuscular
7. Basic Intravenous Therapy Calculations
8. Advanced Intravenous Calculations
9. Insulin Administration and Type 2 Diabetes Medications
10. Parenteral Nutrition
12. Children’s Dosages
Multiple Choice Final
ISMP List of High Alert Medications in Acute Care Settings
ISMP’s List of Error Prone Abbreviations, Symbols and Dose Designations
Sample Medication Administration Errors
Ann Tritak-Elmiger, EdD, RN, Associate Dean – Department of Graduate Nursing and Director DNP Program, Felician University, Lodi, New Jersey.Professor of Graduate Nursing Faculty and Margaret Daingerfield, EdD, RN, CNE, Margaret (Peggy) Daingerfield is currently Associate Professor, Director of the MSN Program. Department of Graduate Nursing, Felician University, Lodi, NJ.