USMLE Step 1 Secrets in Color, 5th Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
Succinct, easy to read, engaging, and highly effective—the highly regarded Secrets Series® provides students and practitioners in all areas of health care with focused, engaging resources for quick reference and exam review. Written by nationally recognized educators Drs. Theodore X. O’Connell and Ryan A. Pedigo, USMLE Step 1 Secrets in Color, 5th Edition, offers practical, up-to-date coverage of the full range of topics on this high-stakes exam. This bestselling resource features the Secrets’ popular question-and-answer format that prepares students to fully understand the critical concepts of basic science as applied to the practice of medicine that they will face on the vignette-style USMLE exam.
- Completely revised with up-to-date information that reflects high-yield content on the USMLE Step 1.
- A case-based approach and abundant clinical context help prepare you for the vignette-style of the USMLE exam.
- Color images throughout enhance visual review of board-relevant images, including a wide range of clinical, micro, and imaging studies.
- Figures, tables, and summary boxes provide a visual and concise overview of important board-relevant content.
- Review board composed of students and residents who performed highly on USMLE Step 1 and have experience with USMLE-style question development.
- Portable size makes it easy to carry with you for quick reference or review anywhere, anytime.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
4 Fluid and Electrolytes
5 Acid-Base Balance
9 Male and Female Reproductive Systems
11 Genetic and Metabolic Disease
13 Bleeding Disorders
14 Hematologic Malignancies
21 Bacterial Diseases
22 Viral, Parasitic, and Fungal Diseases
23 Pharmacology and Toxicology
24 Behavioral Sciences
26 Clinical Anatomy
Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, Founding Director, Family Medicine, Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano, Napa; Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Community and Family Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California and Ryan A. Pedigo, MD, Director, Undergraduate Medical Education, Department of Emergency Medicine, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center; Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California