Ackley and Ladwig's Nursing Diagnosis Handbook Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 13th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Create individualized nursing care plans with ease and confidence! Ackley and Ladwig’s Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, 13th Edition uses an easy, three-step system to guide you through client assessment, nursing diagnosis, and care planning. Step-by-step instructions show how to implement care and evaluate outcomes, and help you build skills in diagnostic reasoning and critical thinking. To make care planning easier, this handbook allows you to look up nursing diagnoses and care plans for more than 1450 client symptoms, as well as interventions from NIC (Nursing Interventions Classification) and outcomes from NOC (Nursing Outcomes Classification). Edited by noted nursing educators Mary Beth Flynn Makic and Marina Reyna Martinez-Kratz, this reference provides everything you need to write nursing care plans in just one book!
- Easy-to-follow Sections I and II guide you through the nursing process and selection of appropriate nursing diagnoses.
- Step-by-step instructions show how to use the Guide to Nursing Diagnoses and Guide to Planning Care sections to create a unique, individualized plan of care.
- UNIQUE! Care plans are provided for each NANDA-International© (NANDA-I©) -approved nursing diagnosis.
- Evolve website includes a care plan template, case studies, review questions, and more!
- Evidence-based interventions and rationales include research studies and references supporting the use of each intervention.
- Examples of and suggested NIC interventions and NOC outcomes are presented in each care plan.
- Quality and safety content emphasizes what must be considered to provide safe patient care, and includes QSEN content in Section I.
- Pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, and home care interventions are included as appropriate for plans of care.
- Index of NANDA-I© Diagnoses on the inside back cover of the book provides quick reference to page numbers.
- Alphabetical thumb tabs allow quick access to specific symptoms and nursing diagnoses.
- NEW! Updated content is based on the 2021-2023 NANDA-I©-approved nursing diagnoses and reflects new diagnoses, revised diagnoses, and retired diagnoses.
- NEW! Updated nursing diagnoses include class and domain information as consistent with the current NANDA-I.
Section I. Nursing Diagnosis, the Nursing Process and Evidence Based Nursing An explanation of how to make a nursing diagnosis and plan care using the nursing process and evidence based nursing. Section II Guide to Nursing Diagnoses Includes suggested nursing diagnoses and page references for over 1300 client symptoms, medical and psychiatric diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and clinical states. Section III Guide to Planning Care The definition, defining characteristics, risk factors, related factors, suggested NOC outcomes, client outcomes, suggested NIC interventions, interventions with rationales, geriatric interventions (when appropriate), home care interventions, culturally competent nursing interventions where appropriate, client/family teaching andweb sites (when available) for client education for each alphabetized nursing diagnosis. Also includes a pain assessment guide and equianalgesic chart.
Mary Beth Flynn Makic, PhD, RN, CCNS, FAAN, FNAP, FCNS, Professor, University of Colorado College of Nursing, Aurora, Colorado; Nurse Scientist, Denver Health, Denver, Colorado and Marina Reyna Martinez-Kratz, MS, RN, CNE, Professor of Nursing