Elsevier’s Canadian Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
A truly Canadian edition of Elsevier’s best-selling NCLEX® exam review book! Elsevier’s Canadian Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 3rd Edition provides everything you need to prepare for the NCLEX® exam — complete content review, more than 5,000 NCLEX practice questions in the book and online, and preparation for the Next-Generation NCLEX®. In addition, all answers include detailed rationales and test-taking strategies with tips on how to best approach each question. Integrating Canadian approaches to nursing throughout the text, this book is the only comprehensive NCLEX review written from a Canadian perspective. It’s THE book of choice for NCLEX preparation!
- Completely up-to-date coverage from a Canadian perspective reflects Canadian approaches to nursing and health care, including the addition of the latest Canadian statistics, research, legislation, regulations, references, clinical practice guidelines, and more.
- More than 5,000 practice questions in the text and online offer ample testing practice.
- UNIQUE! Detailed test-taking strategy and rationale is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option.
- UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Action boxes provide information about the steps to be taken in clinical situations requiring clinical judgement and prioritization.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Points icons indicate important information, identifying content that typically appears on the NCLEX-RN® examination.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Alerts appear in red text and highlight important nursing concepts.
- New graduate’s perspective is offered on how to prepare for the NCLEX-RN, in addition to nonacademic preparation, the CAT format, and test-taking strategies.
- Mnemonics are included to help you remember important information.
- 79-question comprehensive exam covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan and includes four case–study-format questions for the NGN.
- Practice questions on delegation, prioritization, and triage/disaster management emphasize these areas on the NCLEX exam.
- Companion Evolve website provides 30 new questions for the Next Generation NCLEX® plus all alternate item format questions including multiple response, prioritizing (ordered response), fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration (hot spot), and chart/exhibit.
- Question categories on Evolve are organized by cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, and content area, allowing you to choose completely customizable exams or study sessions.
- UNIQUE! Audio review summaries on the Evolve companion website cover pharmacology, acid-base balance, and fluids and electrolytes.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content incorporates clinical updates and reflects the latest NCLEX-RN® test plan.
- NEW! Questions for the Next-Generation NCLEX® (NGN) prepare you for the biggest change to the NCLEX-RN® test plan to date.
- NEW! Priority Concepts provide you with the specific concepts related to nursing practice and reflect the most current edition of Giddens: Concepts for Nursing Practice.
Unit 1 – NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation
1. The NCLEX-RN Examination
2. Pathways to Success
3. The NCLEX-RN Examination from a Graduate's Perspective
4. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit 2 – Professional Standards in Nursing
5. Care of Diverse Populations
6. Ethical and Legal Issues
7. Prioritizing Client Care: Leadership, Delegation, and Emergency Response Planning
Unit 3 – Foundations of Care
8. Fluids and Electrolytes
9. Acid-Base Balance
10. Vital Signs and Laboratory Reference Intervals
12. Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client
13. Provision of a Safe Environment
14. Calculation of Medication and Intravenous Prescriptions
15. Perioperative Nursing Care
16. Positioning Clients
Unit 4 – Growth and Development Across the Life Span
17. Theories of Growth and Development
18. Growth, Development, and Stages of Life
19. Care of the Older Client
Unit 5 – Maternity Nursing
20. Reproductive System
21. Prenatal Period
22. Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy
23. Labour and Birth
24. Complications of Labour and Birth
25. Postpartum Period
26. Postpartum Complications
27. Care of the Newborn
28. Maternity and Newborn Medications
Unit 6 - Pediatric Nursing
29. Integumentary Conditions
30. Hematological Conditions
31. Oncological Conditions
32. Metabolic and Endocrine Conditions
33. Gastrointestinal Conditions
34. Eye, Ear, and Throat Conditions
35. Respiratory Conditions
36. Cardiovascular Conditions
37. Renal and Genitourinary Conditions
38. Neurological and Cognitive Conditions
39. Musculoskeletal Conditions
40. Infections and Communicable Diseases
41. Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations
Unit 7 – Integumentary Conditions in the Adult Client
42. Integumentary Conditions
43. Integumentary Medications
Unit 8 – Oncological and Hematological Conditions in the Adult Client
44. Oncological and Hematological Conditions
45. Oncological and Hematological Medications
Unit 9 – Endocrine Conditions in the Adult Client
46. Endocrine Conditions
47. Endocrine Medications
Unit 10 – Gastrointestinal Conditions in the Adult Client
48. Gastrointestinal Conditions
49. Gastrointestinal Medications
Unit 11 – Respiratory Conditions in the Adult Client
50. Respiratory Conditions
51. Respiratory Medications
Unit 12 – Cardiovascular Conditions in the Adult Client
52. Cardiovascular Conditions
53. Cardiovascular Medications
Unit 13 – Renal and Genitourinary Conditions in the Adult Client
54. Renal and Genitourinary Conditions
55. Renal and Genitourinary Medications
Unit 14 – Eye and Ear Conditions in the Adult Client
56. The Eye and Ear
57. Eye and Ear Medications
Unit 15– Neurological Conditions in the Adult Client
58. Neurological Conditions
59. Neurological Medications
Unit 16 – Musculoskeletal Conditions in the Adult Client
60. Musculoskeletal Conditions
61. Musculoskeletal Medications
Unit 17 – Immune Conditions in the Adult Client
62. Immune Conditions
63. Immunological Medications
Unit 18 – Mental Health in the Adult Client
64. Foundations of Mental Health Nursing
65. Mental Health
67. Crisis Theory and Intervention
68. Psychiatric Medications
Unit 19 -- Complex Care
69. Complex Care
Unit 20– Comprehensive Test
70. Unit XX Comprehensive Test
Appendix A Canadian Regulators and Associated Regulatory and Exam Resources
Appendix B Canadian Nursing Professional Resources
Appendix C Canadian Health Care Management Organizations and Associated Clinical Online Resources
Appendix D Canadian Reference Resources
Unit I NCLEX-RN® Exam Preparation
Unit II Professional Standards in Nursing
Unit III Foundations of Care
Unit IV Growth and Development Across the Life Span
Unit V Maternity Nursing
Unit VI Pediatric Nursing
Unit VII Integumentary Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit VIII Oncological and Hematological Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit IX Endocrine Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit X Gastrointestinal Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit XI Respiratory Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit XII Cardiovascular Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit XIII Renal and Genitourinary Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit XIV Eye and Ear Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit XV Neurological Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit XVI Musculoskeletal Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit XVII Immune Conditions in the Adult Client
Unit XVIII Mental Health in the Adult Client
Unit XIX Complex Care
Patricia A. Bradley, MEd, PhD, RN, CCNE, Associate Professor Coordinator, Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) Program Faculty of Health York University Toronto, Ontario, Karin Page-Cutrara, RN, PhD, CCNE, CCSNE, Associate Dean, Learning, Teaching & Academic Programs and Associate Professor, Teaching Stream, School of Nursing, Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, FAAN, Nursing Instructor,University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las,Nevada; President Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc. Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Thought Leader and Angela E. Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor and BSN Program Director,University of Nevada,Las Vegas, Nevada; President Nurse Prep, LLC Henderson, Nevada