The Anatomical Basis of Dentistry, 5th Edition
The Anatomical Basis of Dentistry, 5th Edition fulfills the need for a textbook of gross anatomy written specifically for the dental profession. It features core anatomy of the entire body and in-depth chapters dealing with the head and neck and provides a solid foundation for the future dentist and review material for the dental specialty resident. The 5th edition includes a revised chapter on supplemental anatomy for the general dentist and dental specialties, such as oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, prosthodontics, periodontics, and radiology, along with updated illustrations and clinical applications. In addition, an eBook version is included with print purchase, providing access to all the text, figures, and references and the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. Using a clear, accessible style, with practical Clinical Notes boxes updated to include more of a case-based approach, this book closely relates the basic science of applied anatomy to the clinical practice of dentistry and provides an excellent review for board exam preparation.
- Tailored content for dental practice focuses on core, need-to-know content.
- Regional approach to anatomy breaks down anatomical structures and body systems into easy-to-understand modules.
- Key cadaver dissection photographs of the head with interactive labelling clearly depict the location of anatomic structures.
- Review questions and answers at the end of each chapter reinforce and assess comprehension.
- REVISED! Chapter on clinically applied anatomy for dentists and dental specialties includes oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, prosthodontics, periodontics, and radiology.
- UPDATED! Clinical applications and Clinical Notes boxes provide incentive to learning and relate basic science concepts to the actual clinical practice of dentistry.
- NEW! An ebook version is included with print purchase, allowing access to all the text, figures, and references, review materials for students, as well as the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- UPDATED! Enhanced and modern illustrations visually clarify key content.
1. General Concepts
2. The Back
3. The Thorax
4. The Abdomen, Pelvis. Perineum, and Basic Lower Limb
5. The Neck and Basic Upper Limb
6. The Head
7. Review of the Systemic Anatomy of the Head and Neck
8. REVISED! Clinically Applied Anatomy
9. Overview of Upper Limb
10. Overview of Lower Limb
Bernard Liebgott, DDS, MScD, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Surgery, Division of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada