Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Medical Terminology: A Short Course (Access Card), 9th Edition
Online Course - Access Card
Dynamic online learning helps you make short work of learning medical terminology! Corresponding to the chapters in Chabner's Medical Terminology: A Short Course text, Medical Terminology Online helps you learn and use medical vocabulary in less time. Interactive lessons are challenging and fun, reinforcing your understanding with games, videos, audio, and quizzes. Narrated animations and slide shows demonstrate the meaning and use of common medical terms, while engaging exercises challenge you to apply medical terms to real-world scenarios. Paired with Chabner’s text, this streamlined online course will help you truly master the vocabulary you need to succeed in the medical setting.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Outcome-based learning includes objectives for each module, with an assessment quiz after each section to determine whether you have achieved the desired outcome/objective.
- Interactive exercises help you recall and recognize medical terms with word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, true or false, fill-in-blank, labeling, and case studies.
- Narrated animations and slide shows demonstrate physiologic and pathologic processes, simplifying concepts that are difficult to convey with static illustrations.
- Quizzes in each section and exams at the end of each module assess your mastery of the material, with scores automatically sent to the instructor’s gradebook.
- Audio reviews and exercises allow you to hear medical terminology in the context of a clinical setting so you can be confident you are pronouncing terms correctly.
- Medical records activities help you become familiar with entries and terminology in the medical record.
- 300 illustrations reinforce learning by showing anatomy, diseases, and disorders.
- Glossary of 6,000 terms provides one-click access to definitions and pronunciations in English and Spanish.
Mod 1. Basic Word Structure
Mod 2. Organization of the Body
Mod 3. Suffixes
Mod 4. Prefixes
Mod 5. Medical Specialists and Case Reports
Mod 6: Body Systems
Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT