Zika and Other Neglected and Emerging Flaviviruses
Offering up-to-date coverage of familiar flaviviruses that are spreading into new regions or are causing increasingly severe disease, as well as viruses that are almost unknown in most developed nations, Zika and Other Neglected and Emerging Flaviviruses brings together information that allows for easy comparison of similarities and differences of this viral group in a single, convenient volume. Each chapter includes a brief Introduction, history, the diseases, the virus, the immune response, prevention or treatment, an extensive list of references, and a summary overview. The book concludes with a chapter tying together information about flaviviruses and other potential new microbial threats.
- Single-authored resource, covering all flaviviruses in one single volume.
- Tick-borne encephalitis virus has the potential to rapidly spread to new regions and cause severe illness and panic as well as disrupting economies throughout the world – all covered in this text.
- Introduction to Flaviviruses
- Dengue Virus
- Zika Virus
- West Nile Virus
- Kunjin Virus
- Usutu Virus
- Murray Valley Encephalitis Virus
- Other Neglected Mosquito-Borne Flaviviruses: Ilhéus, Bussuquara, Rocio, Kokobera, Stratford, and Wesselsbron Viruses
- Tickborne Encephalitis Virus
- Louping-III Virus
- Powassan Virus
- Kyasanur Forest Disease and Alkurhama Hemorrhagic Fever Viruses
- Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever Virus
Lisa A. Beltz, PhD