Atlas of Liver Pathology, 4th Edition
Provides clear, templated information for each disease: Major Morphologic Features; Special Stains; Differential Diagnoses; Clinical and Biologic Behavior; and Treatment and Prognosis.
Incorporates relevant data from ancillary techniques (immunohistochemistry, cytology, cytogenetics and molecular genetics), giving you the necessary tools required to master the latest breakthroughs in diagnostic technology.
Incorporates the latest diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnoses, newly described variants, and new histologic entities.
Contains two new chapters on liver biopsy interpretation and autoimmune hepatitis.
Features concise, bulleted text and abundant tables that cover common as well as rare diseases, differential diagnoses, and more.
An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, tables, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
1. LIVER: EMBRYOLOGY, GROSS AND MICROSCOPIC ANATOMY, AND FUNCTION
2. LIVER BIOPSY EVALUATION WITH HISTOLOGIC, LABORATORY, AND CLINICAL PARAMETERS
3. VIRAL HEPATITIS
4. CHOLESTASIS AND BILIARY TRACT DISORDERS
5. ALCOHOLIC AND NON-ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASES
6. DRUG AND TOXIN- 6 INDUCED LIVER INJURY
7. VASCULAR DISORDERS
8. INFECTIOUS DISEASES, NON-VIRAL
9. AUTOIMMUNE HEPATITIS
10. DEVELOPMENTAL, FAMILIAL, AND METABOLIC DISORDERS
11. DISEASES OF HEPATIC IRON AND COPPER METABOLISM
12. NEOPLASMS AND RELATED LESIONS
14. MISCELLANEOUS SYSTEMIC DISEASES WITH HEPATIC INVOLVEMENT
Gary C. Kanel, MD, Professor of Clinical Pathology, University of Southern California, Associate Pathologist, Los Angeles County & USC Medical Center and USC University Hospital, Los Angeles, CA