Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Master sonographic examination protocols and techniques! The market-leading ultrasound text and reference, Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography, 9th Edition provides an in-depth understanding of general/abdominal and obstetric/gynecologic sonography. More than 3,100 ultrasound images and full-color anatomy illustrations help you recognize normal anatomy and abnormal pathology. Organized primarily by body system, coverage includes vascular sonography and echocardiography, and in the obstetrics section features a chronologic, trimester approach to ultrasound during pregnancy. Written by expert medical sonography educator and clinician Sandra L. Hagen-Ansert, this resource serves as ideal preparation for board exams and as a reference for practitioners in many different clinical settings.
- Comprehensive coverage includes sections on the foundations of ultrasound imaging and patient care, the abdomen, superficial structures of the body, pediatrics, the thoracic cavity and echocardiography, cerebrovascular evaluation, gynecology, and obstetrics.
- More than 3,100 images and full-color illustrations include high-resolution ultrasound pictures, detailed line drawings with need-to-know anatomic information, color photographs of gross pathology, and color Doppler illustrations.
- Key Terms open each chapter, focusing your attention on the vocabulary that you are required to know and understand.
- Key Pearls highlight the important concepts in each chapter.
- Pathology tables summarize clinical findings, laboratory findings, sonographic findings, and differential considerations.
- Sonographic Findings icon makes it easy to locate clinical information on particular pathologic conditions.
- Imaging information in each chapter includes normal anatomy, normal physiology, laboratory data and values, pathology, sonographic evaluation of an organ, pitfalls in sonography, clinical findings, and differential considerations.
- Condensed bibliography at the end of each chapter lists essential references for further research and study.
- Resources on the Evolve website include review questions for students and PowerPoint® slides, an image collection, and a test bank with 1,625 questions for instructors.
- NEW! Updated images depict the latest advances in the field of sonography and help you prepare for ARDMS boards and for clinicals.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the newest curriculum standards so you gain the knowledge and expertise required to pass the boards.
Part I: Foundations of Sonography
1. Foundations of Clinical Sonography
2. Essentials of Patient Care for the Sonographer
3. Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Issues in Sonography
4. Introduction to Anatomical Relationships in the Abdominal-Pelvic Cavity
5. Comparative Sectional Anatomy of the Abdominal-Pelvic Cavity
6. Basic Ultrasound: Scanning Techniques, Terminology & Tips
7. Artifacts in General Ultrasound Images
PART II: Abdomen
8. Vascular System
10. Gallbladder and the Biliary System
13. Gastrointestinal Tract
14. Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Wall
15. Urinary System
17. Ultrasound Contrast Agents in the Abdomen
18. Ultrasound-Guided Interventional Techniques
19. Emergent Ultrasound Procedures
20. Sonographic Techniques in the Transplant Patient
PART III: Superficial Structures
21. The Breast
22. The Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
23. The Scrotum
24. The Musculoskeletal System
PART IV: Pediatrics
25. Neonatal & Pediatric Abdomen
26. Neonatal and Pediatric Adrenal & Urinary System
27. Neonatal & Infant Head
28. Infant & Pediatric Hip
29. Neonatal & Infant Spine
PART V: The Thoracic Cavity
30. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Thoracic Cavity
31. Hemodynamics for the Sonographer
32. Introduction to Echocardiographic Techniques, Terminology & Tips
33. Clinical Applications of Echocardiography:
34. Clinical Applications of Echocardiography
35. Fetal Echocardiography: Beyond the Four Chambers
36. Fetal Echocardiography: Congenital Heart Disease
Part VI: Cerebrovascular
37. Extracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation
38. Intracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation
39. Peripheral Arterial Evaluation
40. Peripheral Venous Evaluation
PART VII: Gynecology
41. Normal Anatomy and Physiology of the Female Pelvis
42. Sonographic Evaluation of the Female Pelvis
43. Pathology of the Uterus
44. Pathology of the Ovaries
45. Pathology of the Adnexa
46. The Role of Sonography in Female Infertility
PART VIII: Obstetrics
47. The Role of Sonography in Obstetrics
48. Clinical Ethics for Obstetric Sonography
49. The Normal First Trimester
50. First-Trimester Complications
51. Sonography of the Second and Third Trimesters
52. Obstetric Measurements and Gestational Age
53. Fetal Growth Assessment by Sonography
54. Sonography and High-Risk Pregnancy
55. Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Abnormalities
56. The Placenta
57. The Umbilical Cord
58. Amniotic Fluid, Fetal Membranes, and Fetal Hydrops
59. The Fetal Face and Neck
60. The Fetal Neural Axis
61. The Fetal Thorax
62. The Fetal Anterior Abdominal Wall
63. The Fetal Abdomen
64. The Fetal Urogenital System
65. The Fetal Skeleton
Sandra L. Hagen-Ansert, MS, RDMS, RDCS, FASE, FSDMS, Cardiology Department, Supervisor, Echo Lab, Scripps Clinic - Torrey Pines, California.