Digital Radiography and PACS Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Give your students a full understanding of the basic principles and techniques of digital imaging! Using an easy-to-understand format and style, Digital Radiography and PACS, 4th Edition provides the latest information on digital imaging systems. It offers tips on producing clear radiographic images, and helps students develop skills in computed radiography (CR) and digital radiography (DR), as well as picture archiving and communications systems (PACS). Coverage also includes quality control and management guidelines for PACS, CR, and DR. Reflecting the newest ASRT curriculum standards, this book provides excellent preparation for the ARRT credentialing exam and for success as a practicing radiographer or technologist.
- Coverage of digital imaging and PACS is provided at the right level for student radiographers and for practicing technologists transitioning to digital imaging.
- Chapter outlines, learning objectives, and key terms at the beginning of each chapter introduce the chapter content, and help students organize study and boost their comprehension.
- More than 200 photographs and illustrations help to illuminate digital imaging concepts.
- Practical information addresses topics such as working with CR/DR workstations, including advanced image processing and manipulation functions; PACS workstations, archiving solutions, and system architectures; and effective techniques for digitizing film, printing images, and preparing image files.
- Bulleted summaries recap the main points of each chapter, ensuring that students focus on the most important concepts.
- Review questions at the end of chapters are linked to the chapter objectives and help students assess their understanding of the material, with answers provided to instructors on the Evolve website.
- NEW! Latest information on digital imaging systems includes computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR), and picture archiving and communications systems (PACS), as well as the data required by practicing technologists who are transitioning to digital imaging.
- NEW! Updates reflect the latest ARRT and ASRT content specifications.
- NEW! Full-color design is added to this edition.
Part I: Introduction
1. Introduction to Digital Radiography and PACS
Part II: Basic Principles of Digital Radiography
2. Digital Imaging Characteristics
3. Digital Radiographic Image Processing and Manipulation
Part III Digital Image Acquisition
4. Photostimulable Phosphor Image Capture
5. TFT Flat-Panel Array Image Acquisition
6. CCD/ CMOS Image Capture
Part IV PACS
7. Basic Computer Principles
8. Networking and Communication Basics
9. PACS Fundamentals
10. PACS Archiving and Peripherals
11. Medical Informatics
Part V Quality Control and Quality Management
12. Ensuring Quality in PACS
13. Quality Acceptance Testing within Digital Projection Imaging
Christi Carter, MSRS, RT(R), Faculty Director, Radiologic Science, Brookhaven College, Texas and Beth Veale, BSRS, MEd, RT(R)(QM), Associate Professor, Radiologic Sciences, Midwestern State University, Texas