Study Guide for Fundamentals of Nursing, 3rd Edition
Get the review and practice you need to master the role of today’s nurse! With chapters corresponding to the chapters in Yoost’s Fundamentals of Nursing, 3rd Edition, this study guide provides a variety of exercises and activities to reinforce your understanding of nursing concepts and skills. Chapter reviews use engaging activities to make learning more meaningful, and review questions help you apply concepts to the practice setting. Now with new Next Generation NCLEX®-style practice questions, this study guide also prepares you for success on classroom and NCLEX examinations.
- Chapter review questions include multiple-choice, matching, true/false, and image labeling questions, testing your comprehension of nursing fundamentals and making learning more fun.
- Answers and detailed rationales for all of the questions are included in the back of the study guide.
- Skills performance checklists on the Evolve website are completely updated to match the latest versions of nursing skills, and are both interactive and printable.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX®-style practice questions in clinical chapters help you develop skills in clinical judgment.
- NEW! Updated content reflects changes to the Fundamentals of Nursing, 3rd Edition textbook.
- NEW! Preliminary Readings refer you back to the related chapter in the textbook.
- NEW! Open-ended questions provide questions, activities, and guidance to make study group time more productive.
- Nursing, Theory, and Professional Practice
- Values, Beliefs, and Caring
- Critical Thinking in Nursing
- Introduction to the Nursing Process
- Nursing Diagnosis
- Implementation and Evaluation
- Documentation, Electronic Health Records, and Reporting
- Ethical and Legal Considerations
- Leadership and Management
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research
- Health Literacy and Patient Education
- Nursing Informatics
- Health and Wellness
- Human Development: Conception through Adolescence
- Human Development: Young Adult through Older Adult
- Vital Signs
- Health History and Physical Assessment
- Ethnicity and Cultural Assessment
- Spiritual Health
- Public Health, Community-Based, and Home Health Care
- Human Sexuality
- Asepsis and Infection Control
- Hygiene and Personal Care
- Activity, Immobility, and Safe Movement
- Skin Integrity and Wound Care
- Cognitive and Sensory Alterations
- Stress and Coping
- Diagnostic Testing
- Medication Administration
- Pain Management
- Perioperative Nursing Care
- Oxygenation and Tissues Perfusion
- Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
- Bowel Elimination
- Urinary Elimination
- Death and Loss
Appendix A: Answer Key
Barbara L Yoost, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF, Lynne R Crawford, MSN, MBA, RN, CNE and Patricia Castaldi, DNP, RN, Director, Practical Nursing Program, Union County College; Plainfield, NJ