Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-PN® Examination Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
To pass the NCLEX-PN® exam on the first try, students need practice! Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-PN® Examination, 6th Edition prepares your students for exam success with more than 5,600 practice questions, each reflecting current nursing knowledge and the latest test plan framework. Students will answer questions in the book, or go to the Evolve website to answer interactive questions in Study mode or in Exam mode for a more realistic testing experience. To enhance review, each practice question includes a test-taking strategy and rationales for both correct and incorrect answers. Written by NCLEX experts Linda Silvestri and Angela Silvestri, this book is part of the popular Saunders Pyramid to Success, which has helped thousands of nurses pass the NCLEX-PN exam!
- 1,265 NCLEX-PN® Examination-Style questions are included in the book, and the Evolve website includes all of the questions from the book plus an additional 4,400 questions.
- Content organized by Client Needs and Integrated Processes mirrors the actual NCLEX-PN exam, providing a logical review for exam preparation and end-of-course standardized exams.
- UNIQUE! Detailed test-taking strategy and rationale for each question provides clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option, along with rationales for both correct and incorrect options.
- Case studies include a client scenario and accompanying practice questions.
- UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Action tips are provided for each question to clarify the most important nursing considerations and interventions for each scenario.
- Categorization of questions allows you to select questions by cognitive level, client needs, integrated process, and clinical content area.
- All alternate item format questions are included, providing the practice needed to master critical thinking skills and understand prioritization.
- Graphic options questions on Evolve familiarize you with these alternate item format question types that could appear on the NCLEX®.
- Introductory chapters cover preparation guidance for the NCLEX-PN, test-taking strategies, clinical judgment and NGN item types, non-academic preparation, and a new graduate’s perspective on the NCLEX-PN experience.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Examination-Style questions prepare you for the biggest change to the NCLEX-PN test plan to date.
- NEW! Content reflecting the latest NCLEX-PN® test plan incorporates the most current clinical updates.
- NEW review questions are added on special populations, gastrointestinal, and complex care, covering the latest guidance.
UNIT 1 – NCLEX-PN® PREPARATION
Chapter 1 The NCLEX-PN® Examination
Chapter 2 Profiles to Success
Chapter 3 The NCLEX-PN® Examination: From a Graduate’s Perspective
Chapter 4 Test-Taking Strategies
UNIT 2 – CLIENT NEEDS
Chapter 5 Client Needs and the NCLEX-PN® Test Plan
Test 1 Safe and Effective Care Environment
Test 2 Health Promotion and Maintenance
Test 3 Psychosocial Integrity
Test 4 Physiological Integrity
UNIT 3 – INTEGRATED PROCESSES
Chapter 6 Integrated Processes and the NCLEX-PN® Test Plan
Test 5 Integrated Processes
UNIT 4 – COMPREHENSIVE TEST
Test 6 Comprehensive Test
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, FAAN, Nursing Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, School of Nursing, Las Vegas, Nevada; President and Owner, Nursing Reviews, Inc., Henderson, Nevada; Director and Owner, Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier, Author of NCLEX Review Resources, Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Subject Matter Expert and Consultant and Angela Elizabeth Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Associate Professor & BSN Program Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, School of Nursing, Las Vegas, Nevada.