Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Prepare your students for success on the NCLEX-RN® exam with this complete review! Often called the best NCLEX® exam review book ever, Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination reviews all nursing content areas related to the current test plan. This new edition includes 5,700 NCLEX exam-style questions in the book and online, including alternate items formats and Next Generation NCLEX questions. Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books; only this book includes the kinds of questions that consistently test the clinical judgment skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. Even better, all answers include detailed rationales to help students learn from their answer choices as well as test-taking strategies with tips on how to best approach each question. Written by the most trusted names in NCLEX review, Linda Anne Silvestri and Angela Elizabeth Silvestri, this is THE book of choice for NCLEX preparation. Read any customer review or ask your colleagues to see why there's nothing else like it!
- More than 5,700 practice questions in the text and on the Evolve website offer ample testing practice.
- UNIQUE! Detailed test-taking strategy is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option, with rationales provided for both correct and incorrect answers.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Points icons indicate important information, identifying content that is likely to appear on the NCLEX-RN® examination.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Alerts appear in red text and highlight important nursing concepts, and identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-RN examination.
- UNIQUE! Priority Concepts — two in each chapter — discuss important content and nursing interventions, and reflect the latest edition of Giddens’ Concepts for Nursing Practice text.
- UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Action boxes provide information about the steps you will take in clinical situations requiring clinical judgment and prioritization.
- UNIQUE! Audio review summaries on Evolve cover pharmacology, acid-base balance, and fluids and electrolytes.
- New graduate’s perspective is offered on how to prepare for the NCLEX-RN, in addition to nonacademic preparation, the CAT format, and test-taking strategies.
- Mnemonics are included to help you remember important information.
- Alternate item format questions cover multiple response, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration [hot spot], chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions.
- 75-question comprehensive exam in the book covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Practice questions on Evolve are organized by content area, cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, health problem, clinical judgment, and priority concepts, allowing completely customizable exams or study sessions.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) examination-style questions prepare you for the biggest change to the NCLEX-RN® test plan to date.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content incorporates clinical updates and reflects the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! Clinical Judgment boxes identify clinical judgment situations, each addressing one of the six cognitive skills of the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model.
- NEW! Additional questions cover health problem areas and complex care.
- NEW! Urinary and Bowel Elimination and Hygiene, Mobility, and Skin Integrity chapters are added to this edition.
NCLEX-RN ® Exam Preparation
1 Clinical Judgment and the Next Generation NCLEX (NGN)-RN ® Examination
2 Self-Efficacy and Pathways to Success
3 The NCLEX-RN ® Examination from a Graduate’s Perspective
4 Clinical Judgment and Test-Taking Strategies
Professional Standards in Nursing
5 Population Health Nursing
6 Ethical and Legal Issues
7 Prioritizing Client Care: Leadership, Delegation, and Emergency Response Planning
Foundations of Care
8 Fluids and Electrolytes
9 Acid-Base Balance
10 Vital Signs and Laboratory Reference Intervals
12 Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client
13 Safety and Infection Control
14 Medication Administration and Intravenous Therapies
15 Perioperative Nursing Care
16 Hygiene, Mobility, and Skin Integrity
17 Urinary and Bowel Elimination
Growth and Development Across the Life Span
18 Theories of Growth and Development
19 Growth, Development, and Stages of Life
20 Care of the Older Client
21 Reproductive System
22 Prenatal Period
23 Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy
24 Labor and Birth
25 Problems with Labor and Birth
26 Postpartum Period
27 Postpartum Complications
28 Care of the Newborn
29 Maternity and Newborn Medications
30 Integumentary Problems
31 Hematological Problems
32 Oncological Problems
33 Metabolic and Endocrine Problems
34 Gastrointestinal Problems
35 Eye, Ear, and Throat Problems
36 Respiratory Problems
37 Cardiovascular Problems
38 Renal and Genitourinary Problems
39 Neurological and Cognitive Problems
40 Musculoskeletal Problems
41 Immune Problems and Infectious Diseases
42 Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations
Integumentary Problems of the Adult Client
43 Integumentary Problems
44 Integumentary Medications
Oncological and Hematological Problems of the Adult Client
45 Oncological and Hematological Problems
46 Oncological and Hematological Medications
Endocrine Problems of the Adult Client
47 Endocrine Problems
48 Endocrine Medications
Gastrointestinal Problems of the Adult Client
49 Gastrointestinal Problems
50 Gastrointestinal Medications
Respiratory Problems of the Adult Client
51 Respiratory Problems
52 Respiratory Medications
Cardiovascular Problems of the Adult Client
53 Cardiovascular Problems
54 Cardiovascular Medications
Renal and Urinary Problems of the Adult Client
55 Renal and Urinary Problems
56 Renal and Urinary Medications
Eye and Ear Problems of the Adult Client
57 Eye and Ear Problems
58 Eye and Ear Medications
Neurological Problems of the Adult Client
59 Neurological Problems
60 Neurological Medications
Musculoskeletal Problems of the Adult Client
61 Musculoskeletal Problems
62 Musculoskeletal Medications
Immune Problems of the Adult Client
63 Immune Problems
64 Immune Medications
Mental Health Problems of the Adult Client
65 Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
66 Mental Health Problems
68 Crisis Theory and Intervention
69 Psychotherapeutic Medications
70 Complex Care
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, ANEF, FAAN, Nursing Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las, Nevada; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc. Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Thought Leader and Angela Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor Touro University Nevada-School of Nursing