Calculation of Drug Dosages - Binder Ready, 12th Edition
- Learning objectives keep you focused and explain what you should accomplish upon the completion of each chapter.
- Logical structure organizes the material from simple to complex, making it easier to build upon and retain knowledge.
- Extensive math review covers the basic math skills essential for accurate calculation of drug dosages and helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Chapter worksheets allow you to practice solving realistic problems.
- Post-tests at the end of each chapter allow you to assess your understanding of content.
- Alert boxes highlight information crucial to math calculation and patient safety.
- Comprehensive post-test at the end of the book offers additional practice and measures your overall understanding.
- 40 flash cards on the Evolve website make it easy to study and review abbreviations, formulas, and conversions from the book.
art I: Review of Mathematics
Review of Mathematics Pretest
Chapter 1 Fractions
Chapter 2 Decimals
Chapter 3 Percents
Chapter 4 Ratios
Chapter 5 Proportions
Review of Mathematics Posttest
Part II Units and Measurements for the Calculation of Drug Dosages
Chapter 6 Metric and Household Measurements
Chapter 7 Calculations Used in Patient Assessments
Part III Preparation for Calculation of Drug Dosages
Chapter 8-Safety in Medication Administration
Chapter 9- Interpretation of the Physician's Orders
Chapter 10-Reading Medication Label
Part IV Calculation of Drug Dosages
Chapter 11 Oral Dosages
Chapter 12 Parenteral Dosages
Chapter 13 Dosages Measured in Units
Chapter 14 Reconstitution of Medications
Chapter 15 Intravenous Flow Rates
Chapter 16 Intravenous Flow Rates for Dosages Measured in Units
Chapter 17 Critical Care Intravenous Flow Rates
Chapter 18 Pediatric Dosages
Chapter 19 Obstetric Dosages
Appendix A – Apothecary Systems of Measure
Sheila J. Ogden, MSN, RN, Formerly Director, Orthopaedic Service Line Clarian Health Partners Indianapolis, Indiana and Linda Fluharty, RNC, MSN, ssociate Professor
School of Health Sciences
Ivy Tech Community College