Principles and Practice of Veterinary Technology, 5th Edition
Help students develop strong critical thinking and independent work skills! Principles and Practice of Veterinary Technology, 5th Edition features more than 80 illustrated, step-by-step procedures that emphasize the technician’s roles and responsibilities for all AVMA-required psychomotor techniques. This edition includes expanded coverage of complementary medicine, critical care, pet health insurance, and toxicology. Plus, dozens of summary tables and boxes make it easy to find key information.
- Step-by-step procedures include instructions for all AVMA-required psychomotor techniques, presenting complex procedures clearly and preparing you to master the essential skills required to become a successful veterinary technician.
- Clinical discussions clearly delineate the technician’s role, enabling you to focus on your roles and responsibilities in every aspect of practice.
- Summary tables and boxes throughout the text condense complex, vital information, drawing your attention to key information and making it easy to understand.
- Thoroughly updated content throughout, including major updates to anesthesia, pain management, critical care, and infectious disease, provides the most up-to-date information in these critical areas.
Part 1: Foundations of Veterinary Practice
1. Overview of Veterinary Technology
2. Ethical, Legal, and Safety Issues in Veterinary Medicine
3. Practice Management
4. Medical Terminology
Part 2: Veterinary Diagnostics
5. Diagnostic Imaging
6. Hematology and Hemostasis
7. Clinical Chemistry and Serology
8. Microbiology, Cytology, and Urinalysis
Part 3: Veterinary Therapeutics
10. Pharmacology and Pharmacy
11. Pathology, Response to Disease, and Preventive Medicine
12. Management of Wounds, Fractures, and Other Injuries
13. Veterinary Anesthesia, Analgesia, and Anesthetic Nursing
14. Principles of Surgical Nursing
15. Fluid Therapy and Blood Transfusion
16. Emergency and Critical Care
17. Small Animal Dentistry
18. Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Complementary Medicine
Part 4: Animal Care and Husbandry
19. Animal Behavior
20. Physical Restraint
21. Patient History and Physical Examination
23. Nursing Care of Dogs and Cats
24. Nursing Care of Horses
25. Nursing Care of Production Animals, Camelids, and Ratites
25. Nursing Care of Production Animals
26. Nursing Care of Companion Birds, Reptiles, and Amphibians
27. Nursing Care of Orphaned and Injured Wild Animals
28. Nursing Care of Laboratory Animals
Ann Wortinger, BIS, LVT, VTS (ECC) (SAIM) (Nutrition), Elite FFCP