Mosby's® Fluids & Electrolytes Memory NoteCards, 3rd Edition
Completely portable, Mosby's® Fluids & Electrolytes Memory NoteCards, 3rd Edition is a pocket-sized collection of full-color, spiral-bound cards that uses humor, cartoons, and mnemonics to help you understand and retain important information about fluids and electrolytes. This fun, colorful, and insightful approach makes these cards a valuable learning and review tool throughout nursing school, as well as a great resource for preparing for the NCLEX® examination.
- UNIQUE! 64 full-color, cartoon mnemonics cover key fluids and electrolytes and acid-base concepts.
- UNIQUE! Colored highlights draw attention to four central topics: Serious Life Threatening Implications in pink; Common Clinical Findings in blue; Important Nursing Implications in yellow; and Patient Teaching information in green.
- Concise What You Need to Know information on the back of each image highlights key information and specific nursing implications.
- Spiral-bound pages made of thick, substantial card stock are durable and portable.
- Color-coded thumb tabs feature a different color for each section for easy referral.
- NEW! Two additional cartoons provide current information on new fluids and electrolyte topics, including pulmonary immunology.
FLUIDS & ELECTROLYTES
Homeostasis: A Question of Balance
The Body’s Water: Keeping It Where You Need It
Dehydration and Fluid Volume Deficit
Fluid Volume Excess
IMPORTANT BODY MINERALS
Overview of Body Minerals
Iron Excess — Hemochromatosis
Types of IV Therapy/Solutions, Uses, and Packaging
Selecting Administration Sets
Venipuncture Device Systems
IV Infusion Pumps
Three Types of Delivery
Saline and Heparin Lock
Complications of Peripheral IV Therapy
Central Venous Catheters
Pediatric IV Therapy
JoAnn Zerwekh, EdD, RN, President/CEO,Nursing Education Consultants, Inc,Chandler, Arizona