Merrill's Pocket Guide to Radiography Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 15th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
This handy guide puts frequently requested radiographic projections at students’ fingertips! Merrill's Pocket Guide to Radiography, 15th Edition summarizes essential information for more than 150 radiography projections in a spiral-bound format designed for quick reference in the clinical environment. Clear instructions explain how to position patients and body parts, and an optimal radiograph is included for each projection. A portable, easy-to-carry companion to the three-volume Merrill’s Atlas, this book provides guidelines for everything from perfect positioning to perfect exposures.
- Bulleted step-by-step instructions show how to position the patient and body part for frequently requested radiography projections.
- More than 150 projections are each presented in a two-page spread, and include information on patient position, part position, central ray angulation, collimation, KVp values, and a photograph of a properly positioned patient.
- Diagnostic-quality radiograph for each projection demonstrates the result the radiographer is trying to achieve.
- Computed Radiography information allows the radiographer to make the subtle adjustments necessary to obtaining optimal CR results.
- Exposure technique chart for every projection helps reduce the need for repeat radiographs and improves overall image quality.
- Abbreviations and external landmarks are listed on the inside front cover and inside back cover for quick reference.
- Compensating filter information is included for those projections where filters are used.
- Section dividers with tabs make it easier to find the beginning of each section.
- NEW! Updated digital radiographs provide greater contrast resolution for improved visualization of pertinent anatomy.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised content reflects the latest American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) standards.
- NEW! Updated positioning photos show current digital imaging equipment and technology.
- NEW! Full-color design emphasizes the key points on each page, enhancing your study of radiographic positioning and procedures.
Grid Conversion Factors
Jeannean Hall Rollins, M.R.C., R.T. (R)(CV)(M)(ARRT), Associate Professor Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences, Mammography Program Coordinator,Arkansas State University, Jonesboro,AR