Headache and Facial Pain, 1st Edition
Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
Covers everyday clinical problems such as migraine and other headaches, occipital neuralgia, temporal arteritis, trigeminal neuralgia, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, and more.
Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Renaldo Saldana: A 58-year-old Male with Left Sided Facial Pain and Rash
- Stephanie Ellison: A 32-year-old Graphic Designer with Severe Throbbing Left-side Headaches
- Abby Austin: A 30-year-old Administrative Assistant with Frequent Headaches Involving the Head and Neck
- Gene Fiback: A 57-year-old Accountant with Severe Episodic Unilateral Retroorbital Headaches with Associated Neurological Symptoms
- Jeff Baker: A 24-year-old Medical Student with Severe Episodic Headache Associated with Sexul Activity
- Brooke Johnson: A 30-year-old Teacher with Frequent Headaches Involving the Head and Neck
- Christy Stierwalt: A 28-year-old Librarian with Post-dural Headache Following an Epidural Block for Vaginal Delivery
- Amy Lin: A 46-year-old with Post-traumatic Occipital Headaches
- Cassandra Elliot: A 29-year-old Overweight Female with Constant Headache Pain that Worsens with Valsalva Maneuver
- Shanice Williams: A 52-year-old Female with a Severe Headache and a Progressive Alteration of Consciousness
- Hattie Harrison: A 77-year-old Female with Headache and Jaw Pain
- Lynn Sparks: A 26-year-old Sales Associate with Sharp Stabbing Pain with Swallowing
- Brenda Brown: A 66-year-old Bookkeeper with Severe Shock-Like Facial Pain
- Tommy Flannagan: A 47-year-old with Severe Episodic Throat and Ear Pain
- Heather Shepard: A 52-year-old Editor with Aching Jaw Pain and a Clicking Sensation
Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine