HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 7th Edition provides a complete, all-in-one review of the information that you need to know. Written in an easy-to-read outline format, this study guide reviews content by concepts and clinical areas. Along the way, valuable tips from HESI® help you apply principles of clinical decision-making and clinical judgment. With more than 1,000 practice questions in both study and exam formats, the companion Evolve website enables you to practice test-taking in the same electronic format you will experience on nursing school exit exams and on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- HESI Hint boxes spotlight important clinical information and concepts commonly tested on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Over 1,000 practice questions for the NCLEX on the companion Evolve website include alternate item formats to provide a testing experience similar to the HESI Exit and NCLEX exams.
- Chapters organized by clinical area enable you to easily search for various review topics.
- Clinical judgment study questions and tables with rationales reinforce key concepts and content.
- Fill-in-the-blank and prioritizing questions mirror the alternate item format item types included on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Pharmacology tables highlight the need-to-know drug therapy content emphasized on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Consistent format and chapter organization make it easy to move between topics when reviewing.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised content incorporates clinical updates and reflects the latest Next-Generation NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! Questions for the Next-Generation NCLEX (NGN) prepare you for the biggest change to the NCLEX-RN test plan to date.
- NEW! All-new editorial board rejuvenates this classic text with fresh perspectives and expertise to make a great book even better.
- ENHANCED! Evolve companion website features more than 100 new questions in alternate item format, for NGN, and more to provide you with additional test-taking practice.
1. Introduction to Testing and the NCLEX-RN® Exam
2. Leadership and Management
3. Advanced Clinical Concepts
4. Medical-Surgical Nursing
5. Pediatric Nursing
6. Maternity Nursing
7. Psychiatric Nursing
8. Gerontologic Nursing
Appendix A: Normal Values
Appendix B: Recommended Daily Requirements and Food Sources
Appendix C: Common Laboratory Tests