Strategies for Student Success on the Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Test Items - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Help students master NGN test-taking skills and prepare for the Next Generation NCLEX® exam! Strategies for Student Success on the Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Test Items includes stand-alone and unfolding case studies and the new item types that appear on the NGN, assists students in developing clinical judgment, and applies all six cognitive skills emphasized on the exam. To encourage learning, each practice test item includes an enhanced test-taking strategy and rationale for both correct and incorrect answers. Additional practice is included on Evolve. Written by NCLEX experts Linda Anne Silvestri, Angela E. Silvestri, and Donna D. Ignatavicius, this NCLEX preparation resource ensures that students are NGN exam-ready!
- Next Generation NCLEX®–style practice questions of all types are illustrated through stand-alone case studies and unfolding case studies directed toward each of the six cognitive skills.
- Detailed test-taking strategy for each question provides clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option.
- NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model (NCJMM) is included throughout with case scenarios that integrate the six clinical judgment cognitive skills.
- In-depth rationales include both correct and incorrect answers.
- NGN Tip boxes highlight the most important nursing concepts needed for exam success.
- Additional resources on the Evolve website allow you to interactively engage with each question from the book plus additional questions.
Chapter 1: Introduction to the Cognitive Skills of Clinical Judgment
Chapter 2: Introduction to the NGN and the New NGN Item Types
Chapter 3: Recognize Cues
Chapter 4: Analyze Cues
Chapter 5: Prioritize Hypotheses
Chapter 6: Generate Solutions
Chapter 7: Take Action
Chapter 8: Evaluate Outcomes
Chapter 9: Single-Episode and Unfolding Case Studies
Chapter 10: Practice Test: Putting it all Together
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, FAAN, Nursing Instructor,University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las,Nevada; President Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc. Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Thought Leader, Angela Elizabeth Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor and BSN Program Director,University of Nevada,Las Vegas, Nevada; President Nurse Prep, LLC Henderson, Nevada and Donna D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, CNE, CNEcl, ANEF, Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs; Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators; President, DI Associates, Inc. Littleton, Colorado,United States