Cardiovascular Intervention, 2nd Edition
- Offers concise, focused coverage of all aspects of managing interventional cardiology patients, highlighting cautions, procedural nuances and tips, and outcomes.
- Covers all the newest catheterization techniques and equipment, including new-generation stents, mechanical support devices, imaging technology, and closure devices.
- Offers complete coverage of structural heart disease and new developments in heart valve disease, including TAVI and mitral valve procedures.
- Provides updates on the latest procedures, devices, and clinical guidelines for evidence-based practice.
- Uses a clear, easy-to-follow organization with separate sections on coronary artery interventions, peripheral artery interventions, cerebrovascular interventions, venous interventions, structural heart interventions, and congenital heart disease.
- Features more than 506 high-quality illustrations and access to 176 procedural videos.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. Additional digital ancillary content may publish up to 6 weeks following the publication date.
SECTION I INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY 1 The Birth Of Interventional Cardiology 2 Guidelines And Appropriateness Criteria For Interventional Cardiology 3 Vascular Access And Closure 4 Pharmacotherapy In The Modern Interventional Suite 5 Hemodynamic Support During High-Risk Percutaneous Coronary Intervention 6 Radiation Safety In The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory 7 Contrast Selection SECTION II CORONARY ARTERY INTERVENTION 8 Percutaneous Coronary Intervention For Unprotected Left Main Coronary Artery Disease 9 Chronic Total Coronary Occlusions: Rationale, Techniques, And Clinical Outcomes 10 Bifurcations 11 Bypass Graft Interventions 12 Calcified Lesions 13 Treatment Of In-Stent Restenosis 14 Management Of Thrombotic Lesions 15 Fractional Flow Reserve And Nonhyperemic Pressure Ratios 16 Intravascular Ultrasound Imaging 17 Optical Coherence Tomography SECTION III PERIPHERAL ARTERY INTERVENTION 18 Intervention For Lower Extremity Arterial Disease 19 Upper Extremity Intervention 20 Renal Artery Intervention: Catheter-Based Therapy For Renal Artery Stenosis 21 Mesenteric Artery Intervention: Catheter-Based Therapy For Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia 22 Renal Denervation 23 Endovascular Management Of Aortic And Thoracic Aneurysms SECTION IV CEREBROVASCULAR INTERVENTION 24 Carotid And Vertebral Intervention 25 Cerebrovascular Interventions SECTION V VENOUS INTERVENTION 26 Interventional Management Of Lower Extremity Deep Vein Thrombosis And Pulmonary Embolism 27 Management Of Chronic Venous Insufficiency 28 Hemodialysis Access Intervention SECTION VI STRUCTURAL HEART INTERVENTION 29 Aortic Valvuloplasty And Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement 30 Transcatheter Mitral Valve Intervention 31 Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Intervention 32 Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 33 Patent Foramen Ovale, Atrial Septal Defect, Left Atrial Appendage, And Ventricular Septal Defect Closure 34 Interventions For Advanced Heart Failure 35 Endomyocardial Biopsy 36 Pericardiocentesis And Pericardial Intervention SECTION VII CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE 37 Adult Congenital Heart Disease: Cardiovascular Interventions For Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Anomalous Vascular Connections, Aortic Coarctation, And Pulmonary Valve Replacement Index
Deepak L. Bhatt, MD, MPH, Executive Director of Interventional Cardiovascular Programs, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Heart and Vascular Center; Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA