Buck's Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2023 Edition Access Card, 1st Edition
Online Course - Access Card
Give your students the flexibility to learn medical coding anytime, anywhere with Buck’s Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding! Whether used to supplement the Buck’s text in the classroom or as a lecture and self-study aid in a distance learning course, this dynamic online course is a necessary component in helping your students master ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding. Interactive lessons build coding skills with animations, case-based exercises, narrated slide shows, pop-up definitions, and professional insights, while assessment tools such as automatically scored exams make it easy to measure student progress. It’s the turnkey instructional tool your students need to attain coding proficiency in today’s fast-paced healthcare environment!
- Interactive review exercises in each chapter include case-based coding activities, matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- UNIQUE! Real-world coding reports simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through links to the glossary.
- Coverage reflects the latest changes to CPT E/M guidelines for office and other outpatient codes.
- Over 125 illustrations help you understand the types of medical conditions and procedures being coded, along with examples taken directly from Elsevier's professional ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals.
- Automatically scored exams measure your progress, with results sent directly to your instructor.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- NEW! Coding updates include the latest information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. Introduction to CPT
9. Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
11. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
13. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
14. Integumentary System
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Respiratory System
17. Cardiovascular System
18. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
19. Digestive System
20. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
21. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
22. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
23. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
27. Inpatient Coding
Online Course Updates