2024-2025 Saunders Clinical Judgment and Test-Taking Strategies - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Prepare your students for nursing school tests and the NCLEX® exam with proven test-taking strategies! 2024-2025 Saunders Clinical Judgment and Test-Taking Strategies: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX® Exam, 8th Edition provides tools to help students overcome test anxiety, develop strong study skills, and improve test scores. They’ll gain insight into key nursing areas such as clinical judgment, prioritization, leading and managing, communication, and pharmacology. In the book and on the Evolve companion website, 1,200 practice questions represent all question types — including alternate item formats and new test items for the Next Generation NCLEX®. Written by leading NCLEX experts Linda and Angela Silvestri, this essential resource offers the practical tips and realistic practice needed to succeed on any exam!
- Helpful Tips for the Nursing Student are provided with every practice question to highlight the most important concepts needed for exam success.
- UNIQUE! Student-to-Student Tips highlight real-life strategies that have helped other students successfully complete nursing school and pass the NCLEX® exam.
- Focus on test-taking strategies helps you develop essential clinical judgment skills and prepares you to find the correct answer to all types of test questions.
- Categorization of questions by beginning, intermediate, or advanced level makes this book a useful tool throughout your nursing program.
- 1,200 practice questions in the book and on the companion Evolve website include detailed rationales and test-taking strategies.
- Practice question categories on the companion Evolve website include the level of cognitive ability, client needs, integrated process, clinical judgment/cognitive skill, content area, priority concepts, alternate item formats, and strategy.
- NEW! Additional Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) unfolding case studies and single-episode item types are included on the Evolve companion website, preparing you for the changes to the NCLEX® exam.
- NEW! NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model (NCJMM) updates and new item types are included throughout the book.
PART I Study and Test Preparation
1 Clinical Judgment and Nursing Examinations
2 Developing Study Skills
3 Reducing Test Anxiety
4 NCLEX® Preparation
PART II Strategies for Success
5 Alternate Item Formats and Next Generation NCLEX® Item Types
6 How to Avoid “Reading into the Question,”
7 Positive and Negative Event Queries
8 Questions Requiring Prioritization
9 Leading and Managing, Delegating, and Assignment-Making Questions
10 Communication Questions
11 Pharmacology, Medication, and Intravenous Calculation Questions
12 Additional Pyramid Strategies
PART III Practice Tests
13 Foundations of Care Questions
14 Adult Health Questions
15 Mental Health Questions
16 Maternity Questions
17 Pediatric Questions
18 Pharmacology Questions
19 Delegating/Prioritizing Questions
20 Leadership/Management Questions
References and Bibliography
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, ANEF, FAAN, Nursing Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las, Nevada; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc. Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Thought Leader and Angela Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor Touro University Nevada-School of Nursing