Workbook for Buck's 2023 Step-by-Step Medical Coding - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Build your coding skills with this practical workbook! Matching the chapters in the bestselling Buck’s Step-by-Step Medical Coding, this workbook offers coding review and practice with more than 1,200 theory, practical, and reporting exercises. Included are 100 original source documents to familiarize you with reports similar to those you will encounter on the job. It’s a complete review of all the code sets covered in the text, including ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding!
- UNIQUE! 100 real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information) simulate the reports students will encounter as coders and help them apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Theory exercises include fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and true or false questions.
- Practical exercises offer additional practice with line coding.
- Coding answer format mirrors that of Buck’s main text (including icons to indicate when the learner must determine the number of codes to assign).
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest coding information available.
- NEW! Answers to all questions are now included in Appendix B.
CHAPTER 1 Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
CHAPTER 2 An Overview of ICD-10-CM
CHAPTER 3 ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
CHAPTER 4 Using ICD-10-CM
CHAPTER 5 Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
CHAPTER 6 Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
CHAPTER 7 Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-22)
CHAPTER 8 Introduction to CPT
CHAPTER 9 Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
CHAPTER 10 Modifiers
CHAPTER 11 Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
CHAPTER 12 Anesthesia
CHAPTER 13 Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
CHAPTER 14 Integumentary System
CHAPTER 15 Musculoskeletal System
CHAPTER 16 Respiratory System
CHAPTER 17 Cardiovascular System
CHAPTER 18 Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
CHAPTER 19 Digestive System
CHAPTER 20 Urinary and Male Genital Systems
CHAPTER 21 Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, and Maternity Care and Delivery
CHAPTER 22 Endocrine and Nervous Systems
CHAPTER 23 Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
CHAPTER 24 Radiology
CHAPTER 25 Pathology/Laboratory
CHAPTER 26 Medicine
CHAPTER 27 Inpatient Coding
APPENDIX A Reports
APPENDIX B Answers