Mosby's Drug Guide for Nursing Students with 2022 Update, 14th Edition
From the most-trusted name in nursing comes the handbook designed to help you understand common drug families and interactions. Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students, 14th Edition provides you with the latest information on more than 4,000 generic and trade-name drugs, along with the latest FDA-approved medications. Side-effects are organized by body system and identified as common or life threatening, informing you of what signs to watch for during assessments. In addition, drug monographs are arranged alphabetically, and each includes clear dosing, administration, and nursing process information so you are ready for clinicals. In fact, what sets this handbook apart is its detailed coverage of rationales and explanations, drug-specific nursing diagnoses, administration of IV drugs, and medication safety — helping you understand how families of drugs work together.
- More than 4,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled, covering almost every drug you will administer in practice or in clinicals.
- Black Box Warnings alert you to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- Additional online-only drug monographs on the companion Evolve website provide information on even more medications.
- Safety Alert icon denotes the most critical drug interactions and side effects.
- Bold headings in coverage of IV drug administration highlight dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Logical organization of side effects information shows you what signs to watch for during assessments.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, while the full-color design highlights important information.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug, as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
- Cross-references indicate where drug information can be found in the appendixes.
- NEW! Appendix with new drugs for 2022.
- NEW! Updated Drug Categories that include the new 2022 drugs.
- NEW! The most up-to-date information on drug dosages, warnings, and patient information ensures you understand the safe administration of common classes of drugs, as well as their common side effects and interactions.
Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP, Consultant, Littleton, Colorado; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico; El Paso Community College, El Paso, Texas